Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2011 3:18:38 PM EST
I was born and raised in MI. I have moved around and want to build an AR with a receiver from each state I have lived in. I would like to find an AR lower built and stamped in MI. I visit the Flint area several times a year. Anyone know of a maker and where I can get it?

Thank you,

Hoss
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 3:38:46 PM EST
Hughes Precision based in Indian River makes AR lowers. I have one and feel that it is a quality piece.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:21:23 AM EST
The gentleman before me is correct. I couldn't think of their name, but I knew there was a good manufacturer near Indian River. I met a few of their Staff at the National Patrol Rifle Event and the quality was outstanding. I would search for a web site and plan a trip in the Spring!
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 2:07:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By 556SS109:
Hughes Precision based in Indian River makes AR lowers. I have one and feel that it is a quality piece.

I have 4, three built and one waiting to be either an AR pistol or a Big bore, havn't decided yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 5:30:01 PM EST
B&M Tactical based in Kalamazoo is a class 3 dealer and they also manufacture lower recievers.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/pages/BM-Tactical-Firearms/164843849075
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 3:51:08 AM EST
I've wanted to get a Hughes and live close to them. But I don't think they are a dealer. They have a class 2 license to manufacture. You can order from their site but I don't know if you can pick them up there. But there is usually a dealer at the northern MI shows that have a few.

I would contact them on their site to find out more. Just wanted to let anyone know before they make plans to come up and get one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 4:04:55 PM EST
Thank you all! Any others?
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:05:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By 556SS109:

I agree. The one I have went together nicely with a stag LPK.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 7:26:49 AM EST
I called them, and went to the shop and picked up 2 last summer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:59:29 PM EST
Picked up a Hughes today at the Harbor Springs Outdoors Club show in Petoskey. Tony's Gun Shop from the UP was selling them. Awesome price and great looking.
Top Top