Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 12:42:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe...............is that F2??  did he lose his son??
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Joe...............is that F2??  did he lose his son??

I'm not sure Terry,

But from what is written on the side of diplomacy it appears that way.

Nonetheless, I am saddened by the pic.

If it was your son F2, I pray that he is watching over you and all of our Troops.

God bless you F2.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Now I know for sure.... It was F2's son

FALLEN HEROES

Army Spc. Michael K. Spivey, 21, of Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Spivey died in Ghazni, Afghanistan, when the CH-47 helicopter he was on crashed. He was assigned to the 5th Battalion, 159th Aviation Regiment, 12th Aviation Brigade, Giebelstadt, Germany. Died on April 6, 2005.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
oh fuck.

condolences.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for sharing.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry guys, that is not me.  The photo does bring home the sacrifice that our armed forces have to endure.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry guys, that is not me.  The photo does bring home the sacrifice that our armed forces have to endure.

Yo F,

When you originally posted the thread you should have written something mentioning that it was NOT you in the photo, nor your son's name on the diplomacy maker.

I have shown three people your post and asked what they took away from it and all three said that they believed that it was you in the pic and your son was KIA.

Very misleading to say the least.

Perhaps next time you should take a few extra keystrokes and clarify your post.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT

PS: Although I don't know SFC Spivey, I am still saddened by the loss of son.....

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa now.  I never meant to mislead anyone and like Wolfpack posted my previous service dosen't match up.  I was taken aback when I returned to this thread and read what transpired.  I'm straight up and have nothing to hide and no reason to deceive.  But you'd have no way of knowing this as a forum is never a good way to judge anyone's character.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Whoa now.  I never meant to mislead anyone and like Wolfpack posted my previous service dosen't match up.  I was taken aback when I returned to this thread and read what transpired.  I'm straight up and have nothing to hide and no reason to deceive.  But you'd have no way of knowing this as a forum is never a good way to judge anyone's character.

Dude,

No one ever said that YOU were misleading on purpose. Your post was misleading and I am sure that we all have innocently done something misleading at one time or another (including me).

As far as your character goes: No one ever stated that your character was in question, nor was it ever implied that you were intentially being deceitful.

If my response to this this thread was any more round room I would be dizzy.

Don't take it personal Bro, just think about how we felt thinking that it was your son.

No harm no foul.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top