Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:21:05 AM EST
I'll be in the Memphis area 3-10 Oct (traveling between there and Mtn View Ar at least once).

Any local spots 'not to miss'? Besides guns, I'm a history buff (any/all periods), gardener, somewhat of a survivalist. Also enjoy sewing/textiles --if any of the wimmenz can recommend fabric/yarn stores? Lliving history info is also welcome.

Many thanks!

Gwen in L.A.
aka the Arkansas traveler
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:23:07 PM EST
Not many sights worth seeing in memphis. The river is muddy, elvis's place is tacky, and the down town area is mainly bars. Not too much around here that would knock your socks off. However, there is an interesting place down on Mt. Moriah called Platinum Plus. Just bring your buddies and tell them you want a spanking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:58:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By inzane123:
Not many sights worth seeing in memphis. The river is muddy, elvis's place is tacky, and the down town area is mainly bars. Not too much around here that would knock your socks off. However, there is an interesting place down on Mt. Moriah called Platinum Plus. Just bring your buddies and tell them you want a spanking.

I second that but I have also heard that PT's showclub on Winchester at Getwell is deffinately a no go lol according to my friend. Also there really isn't anything too exciting in Memfrica I mean Memphis no offense. Memphis pretty much sucks. And yes I am from the area in Germantown
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:39:25 AM EST
Guns&Ammo on Summer is a pretty cool gunstore.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:46:04 PM EST
Thanks AR, will browse in the gunstore if I get a chance :)

Gwen
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:28:25 AM EST
The only thing in Memphis I found interesting is the Memphis Belle exhibit. A B-17 is a LOT smaller than it looks on camera.

Be very careful about where you go after dark.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:41:58 AM EST

Whitten Arms has a pretty nice set up for indoor range. Corky's BBQ is a must. I like it much better than Rendevous (sp) downtown. Zoo is world class and if you have any desire to go to Africa to hunt, it is fun to "shop" for what you would like to hunt. Memphis Belle is cool. If you have CC permit, I would carry esp downtown and at night.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:42:44 AM EST
oops, too late. looks like you left yesterday. hope you had fun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:29:54 AM EST
Bubba, I'm home now in Lost Angeles but...will save the info for next trip.

Ended up staying in Arkansas, had a good time!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

Gwen in L.A.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:51:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:22:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By seven-two:

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Lol
But i do have to second the mention of Whitten arms havent dealt with them but a nice gun store and range
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:18:54 PM EST
BTW, Whitten arms is no more. It is not Range USA. They still have a nice range, but stopped stocking weapons. They will order any weapon you want for a service charge.
Top Top