Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2003 9:39:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2003 4:26:32 AM EDT by Scottman]
Who's up for shootin at Grand River on the 24th of May?

What better way to remember the men who died to protect our freedoms than by exercising them, eh?

I'll be there with a few friends.
Scott
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:06:53 AM EDT
Where is Grand River?
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:51:36 AM EDT
www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/rules/shooting/granges1.html

The Grand River range is out in Trumbull County. Go out 422 East and then get on 88. Go on 88 for awhile and the entrance will be on your left (look for the big gravel mound).

I'm up for the shoot, but I'll probably be out there every weekend anyway. We need a good way to identify board members at the range. I usually shoot with shotar and I've met 100YARDS (still owe you that CD) and AK-kb out there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:58:09 AM EDT
I might be out there sooner too, but if not, this day for sure.

As for how to spot each other, I'll have an AR-15.

I won't be wearing camo...

Scott
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 1:12:47 PM EDT
I was planning on a PIB trip that weekend.. But of course if the boat is not ready or the weather does not cooperate, I will be there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:19:29 PM EDT
I should make it..I was there on Friday before the Saturday you guys went.It was hard to escape the Rambling RO..mabe we can get Commando Dick to challenge him to a talk-a-thon..that outa learn him good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:27:31 PM EDT
I should be able to make it that day. It was nice meeting you guys Saturday. I told Brother mmsig229 that after having ribs after this last shoot, that we need to have a big Seafood Feast next time
Hopefully the wind will have died down by this next shoot

We need some kind of distraction next time to keep the babbling Barney RO out of our hair. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:31:03 PM EDT
How `bout a 12 ga. bird bomb. Lob it from the 100 yd range over to the 25....

Maybe a cardboard cutout of the Maytag Repair Man...

Scott
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:09:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 100YARDS:
It was hard to escape the Rambling RO..mabe we can get Commando Dick to challenge him to a talk-a-thon..that outa learn him good.

LMAO!

Barney the RO was on a roll today. I'm not completely sure, but I think after a heated discussion with a shooter, he tossed him off the range for being over the yellow line during a cease fire.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:19:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SWS:
Barney the RO was on a roll today. I'm not completely sure, but I think after a heated discussion with a shooter, he tossed him off the range for being over the yellow line during a cease fire.

He came over to give a couple in our group the shit about being over the line. When one of them said "I'm sorry" he said "Well I'm not gonna be the sorry one next time it happens."

What a goob.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:29:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Scottman:

He came over to give a couple in our group the shit about being over the line. When one of them said "I'm sorry" he said "Well I'm not gonna be the sorry one next time it happens."

What a goob.

Scott

I remember that. He said that to Rolf. Good thing Rolf is a well tempered Mason. One of these times someone is gonna sock Barney one
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 7:57:53 PM EDT
I think Barney may get tied up to a tree sometime using his own gunbelt!!Remember that episode from the Andy Griffith show???!!!What happened to those two older RO's????I think Barney got pushed around too much in elementary school. I should be up for the 25TH. You guys who skipped out on the dinner missed a feeding frenzy. My left hand got kinda close to capitalist's last rib, and I nearly lost it in the frenzy!! Hey engineer, make sure you bring your stapler again, and I'll talk Rolf into bringing his 1940's vintage spotting scope....Heidi is sparkling clean awaiting her next adventure with her new friends....
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:25:51 PM EDT
I think Barney's got the weekend shifts, so as long as we shoot there on the weekends, you're gonna have to deal with him. It's quite sad that he doesn't enjoy being an R.O. - in talking with him, he has said that he'd be much happier if it rained and nobody showed up. It appears that he was transferred into this division from another and isn't quite happy about it.

I'm definitely gonna try to make dinner next time - but it sounds like you guys had the eating well taken care of.

My staple gun is already in my range bag ready to go for the next run. I definitely have to get some bigger targets for our next shoot though as well as a nice spotting scope.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:06:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Engineer:
I'm definitely gonna try to make dinner next time - but it sounds like you guys had the eating well taken care of.

What are ya gonna make?
<ba-dum-bum!>

Thank you...thank you...

Everyone remember to bring plenty of ammo for ALL your guns...including the staple guns!

Whaddya think Barney would do if all we ever said to him was "All your base are belong to us" in sega monotone....

Maybe an STFU mug...

Scott

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 8:00:43 AM EDT
I should be there. As for Barney, he really isn't a bad guy, just high strung and as stated does not really want to be there. He is just a stickler for the rules. The old guys should be back by memorial day for the weekends I think. At any rate its still a cheap good time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:28:56 AM EDT
I dunno what I was thinkin when I made the original post... Duh...

But the date should have been Saturday, 24MAY

Sorry for my feeble-mindedness... Check your calendar again...

Scott
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:34:48 AM EDT
You've officially been placed on a double secret probation as out party planner!!!one more slip up and we'll sic ole Barney on ya!!!! Should work for me, I'm off weekends that month....
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:22:54 PM EDT
Barney is actually mellow as far as giving people chances. I spot all kinds of serious violations(loaded guns with action closed during a ceasefire) of the rules and I'd definetly be booting them on a 2nd offense and quite possible a 1st at times. I'm not shy about asking someone to open their action We all have to have our eyes open for safety . Not only would an accident suck for the person hurt but it may close a range or more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:04:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 100YARDS:
Barney is actually mellow as far as giving people chances. I spot all kinds of serious violations(loaded guns with action closed during a ceasefire) of the rules and I'd definetly be booting them on a 2nd offense and quite possible a 1st at times. I'm not shy about asking someone to open their action We all have to have our eyes open for safety . Not only would an accident suck for the person hurt but it may close a range or more.

Well said Always keep your actions open during cease fire
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:58:06 AM EDT
Will be their with the GF. Her second time shooting. Not to bad, either. See you then.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:18:37 AM EDT
Bustin Caps. Can't wait to see her...errr..I mean see her shoot!!!maybe if enough guys are bringing their GF's, wives, concubines, etc, I will bring the boss.......
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:52:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2003 11:54:57 AM EDT by BustinCaps]
SWEET! I can't wait to see the boss kick your ass for your terrible shot placement....

edited to say: P.S. Any fattening up planned for afterwards? A burger and a beer would sure hit the spot...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:30:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
SWEET! I can't wait to see the boss kick your ass for your terrible shot placement....

edited to say: P.S. Any fattening up planned for afterwards? A burger and a beer would sure hit the spot...

mmsig229's shot placement is usually the same everytime, High and to the left As for me, it depends on the day. I count any shot within a 12in circle as a kill.

Ya mmsig whats the plan for dinner, or Scottman as it's his thread(remember I have to drive an hour north of GR to go home)

I don't have a significant other at this time, so I'm gonna feel left out
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:31:09 PM EDT
Hey, I'm not hijacking Scott's thread. Any ideas for feeding after Scott????That Green River Tavern was alot closer to GR than BB's. But, if we go to that little bar place, capitalist can see that barmaid he was sweet on...extra cheese is extra ya know!!!!

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:16:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mmsig229:
Hey, I'm not hijacking Scott's thread. Any ideas for feeding after Scott????That Green River Tavern was alot closer to GR than BB's. But, if we go to that little bar place, capitalist can see that barmaid he was sweet on...extra cheese is extra ya know

I've been curious how you asking an old lady that works there if she has a daughter for me after you had a couple beers makes me sweet on the old lady
Anyway,I rather eat in a classier establishment. You know, one where the bathroom door actually works and all the toilets don't have broken off handles. Are there any nice restuarants between Gr and Blazin Bills? If not we can go to Blazin Bills again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:49:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CAPITALIST:
Are there any nice restuarants between Gr and Blazin Bills?

There's that place in Welshfield near the intersection of 422 and SR 700. It used to be called the Welshfield Inn before it closed for a while and then reopened. Looks decent.

There's a biker bar in Parkman that always looks busy and might have good food. I'll bet the beers are cold.

There just isn't much out there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2003 8:01:45 PM EDT by CAPITALIST]

Are there any nice restuarants between Gr and Blazin Bills?

There's that place in Welshfield near the intersection of 422 and SR 700. It used to be called the Welshfield Inn before it closed for a while and then reopened. Looks decent.

There's a biker bar in Parkman that always looks busy and might have good food. I'll bet the beers are cold.

There just isn't much out there.

I don't know mmsig229, what do you think? I don't know the area that well. Sounds like it has promise. Is it farther away from me than Blazin Bills?

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 2:37:21 AM EDT
The Welshfield Inn is OK, I ate there last about 7 years ago, I think it's an Amish restaurant. That "biker bar" he's referring to may be the Green River Tavern. It's closer for you than Blazing Bills. Any of those places should work....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 3:27:49 AM EDT
No, not the Green River Tavern, although that's a possibility as well. This is the joint right near the intersection of 422 and SR528/88 in Parkman. Across the street from the video store and giant dirt piles. It's called ".... Place", I think.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:51:34 AM EDT
mmmmmm....foooooood.....

uh?

oh...sorry...

Uhh yeah, why don't we shoot for ".... Place?"
I'm game.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:57:58 AM EDT
BTT Anybody figure out a place to eat yet???
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:45:13 PM EDT
I went out to GR today. FYI, Bob the RO is back again for the summer and Barney was very friendly and mellow. It was pretty much the regular crowd and I had a good time.

The biker bar is called "Mac's Place", and is near the corner of 528/88 and 422. Mac may in fact be friendly and accommodating to hungry and thirsty shooters.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:38:40 AM EDT
Ok, let's plan for Mac's Place.

Not sure I'm gonna be able to stay for eatin tho... Mrs. Scottman will be preppin for Monday Bar-b-Q at the Scottman compound...

Playin it by ear,
Scott
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:37:58 AM EDT
Noon, 24MAY, Grand River Range
Dinner at Mac's Place Afterward.

See you there!
Scott
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:42:09 AM EDT
Works for me. I'm itchin to throw some lead
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:12:05 PM EDT
Ready on the line....TIPP 'EM BACK! See you at noon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone one else bringing "significant others?" If everyone is going to ogle mine, I would like to do the same to yours. LOL
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:48:09 PM EDT
I don't have a significant other right now
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:29:32 PM EDT
Disclaimer:

I know nothing about "Mac's Place". I've never eaten there, been inside, or even been in the parking lot.

So, if it sucks ----
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:38:24 PM EDT

Be glad ... mine has caused my shooting budget to be cut in half with dinners, flowers and other assorted expenses .
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 6:46:27 PM EDT by CAPITALIST]

Originally Posted By Engineer:

Be glad ... mine has caused my shooting budget to be cut in half with dinners, flowers and other assorted expenses .

Do you at least get steady Poon Tang?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:26:58 PM EDT
OK girls, I think I've managed to rearrange the schedule. I'll work mids the previous night so I can be off sat during the day. if I should happen to shoot high and to the left, it's only because I'm tired!!!Heidi is ready for her encore performance, and won't mind being passed around. The Mrs has a previous engagement, so Ms. bustincaps will receive our full attention!! Once again, I will be available for relationship counseling during the cease fire. will Barney be there???
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:33:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mmsig229:
<snip>if I should happen to shoot high and to the left, it's only because I'm tired!!!

You must be tired everytime we go shooting then
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:46:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 7:48:33 PM EDT by mmsig229]
very funny......just remember to bring staples!!!!PS what happened to my avatar??? PSS false alarm, it's back..
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:20:00 PM EDT
Dear god you beasts! Fortunately, an armed society is a polite society...now I am going to creep off and rest my tired bones
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:12:16 PM EDT

Do you at least get steady Poon Tang?

Yet I still find myself lusting after an Aimpoint Comp ML2....
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:17:10 PM EDT
What a quandry.... Aimpoint or pointless???
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:41:40 PM EDT
Hey guys, something came up and I won't be able to go to the shoot - alas, no red wagon and mmsig229 will have to get his own staples. I'll try to catch you guys at the next one - though I think our next gathering will probably be at Bulletfest!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:07:15 PM EDT
unless we go to stonewall first, and feed on garbage burgers after!!!!Too bad you(and your staple gun) can't make it. You'll be happy to know I found some staples for my staple gun. I plan to be there, rain or shine, about 1:00PM........
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:37:35 AM EDT
See you guys there. I'll be at the range between 12:15-12:30. Looks like a good day for some blastin
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:04:51 PM EDT
A good time was had by all. Met new friends and ran out of .223 ammo. MMsig's new HK was the star of the show. Barney the range rat was in rare form as usual. See everyone at bulletfest.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:18:14 PM EDT
Yes A good time was had by all. It was nice meeting you shotar and SWS and smudge. mmsig229 was talking about wanting to do this again in around 3 weeks. We'll see how things work out. I also look forward to seeing you all at Bulletfest
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top