Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2009 4:47:25 PM EDT
Anyone of you take a look at the 400+ page transition plan from the Mayor's office?  If you want, take a look at page  276 of the plan and take a look at the commentary and observations regarding energy for Anchorage.  It talks about the possibility of rolling brown-outs or blackouts in order to conserve electricity during the winter months, because we our natural gas supply cannot keep up with the energy demands during the winter months.  There will a city-wide energy conservation plan going into effect in the coming weeks.  

If you don't believe me, go check it out at:

http://www.muni.org/iceimages/Mayor/ACFC.pdf

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
This is exactly what ANGDA has been screaming about.  Last winter Anchorage was about 24 hours away from not having enough gas to keep running. It is a very serious situation boy's and girls.  Dan knows this very well as he is on the ANGDA board.  

Here is the article in Petroleum News.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck, time to get that generator hook-up I've been putting off for years now!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
What amazes me is that all the news outlets are totally silent on this issue.  NOTHING from them.  

So if the winter is especially harsh, we could seriously be looking at rolling blackout that could put us in the dark for several hours at a time.  Maybe instead of front page articles about Levi, the paper should be a little more responsible and report on a real story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top