Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 11:26:51 AM EDT
I don't know if any of you ever have seen or get the "This is True" newsletter. He finds some very funny stuff which is, well, true. Brings new meaning to the statement, truth is stranger than fiction.

THIS ARREST BROUGHT TO YOU BY: The city council in Oxnard, Calif., has
 approved a plan to allow advertising space to be sold on city police
 cars. "We think the public safety vehicle could attract a lot of
 attention for businesses," the police chief said. Fees for ad space
 would help pay for the cars. A local newspaper made fun of the plan by
 suggesting the cars could display the slogan for Taco Bell: "Make a run
 for the border." (AP) ...Surely, then, WonderBra could sponsor some of
 the smaller busts.

Of course, here every other car would have a Starbucks ad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, there is a company that was offering to provide cars to smaller departments for free, but retaining the rights to sell some advertising space on the vehicles.  Of course there were stipulations about what kind of ads could or could not be included.  

A couple of departments in WA looked at these this past year or two.  I know for a fact that Monroe considered them as a cost effective way to replace some of their older units, but finally decided it wasn't a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it would be funny as hell to see a Crispy Creame Donut ad on the side of a police car!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
wasnt there a small town here in washington that did that bout a year ago??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top