Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 8:19:43 AM EDT
Originally from Milwaukee and am thinking about returning to go to UW law school. I'd apply next year. (My father requires me to tell you that I'm not going there to become a lawyer; I'm going to do something respectable like playing piano in a whorehouse.)

Been gone three years this month. It seems like only yesterday... There's a lot I miss, but there's also some I don't. This is where I need help.

WI gun laws haven't changed, correct? Still no ccw, but has anything else gotten better or worse? Hell, is Doyle any closer to getting the boot?

I also got my Class III SOT out here. Do you think it'd be difficult to move my FFL/SOT to somewhere outside of Dane County without too much hassle?

Thanks!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:36:43 PM EDT
You're gonna play piano in a whore house?! Damn you, I was looking on Monster.com and I couldn't find that job, hell, I just wanted to be the greeter. "Welcome to the fashioanble east side massage thereapy saloon".

Anyways, Not much has changed, no ccw, NFA goodies are still ok. You shouldn't have any issues with the SOT thing as long the zoning allows it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:49:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
You're gonna play piano in a whore house?! Damn you, I was looking on Monster.com and I couldn't find that job, hell, I just wanted to be the greeter. "Welcome to the fashioanble east side massage thereapy saloon".

Anyways, Not much has changed, no ccw, NFA goodies are still ok. You shouldn't have any issues with the SOT thing as long the zoning allows it.

It's that zoning that bothers me. If Madison doesn't allow handgun sales via zoning, I doubt they'll let me drop a C3 into a house. As a whole, Dane County probably wouldn't take much of a liking to the idea either.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:32:23 PM EDT
Something that surprised me was that the Dane county Sheriff signed off on some NFA stuff. From what I can recall, as long as you're not in Madison itself, or in some community with covenants against businesses or zoning restrictions in residential areas, you "should" be fine. Hopefully someone from Madison/Dane county will chime in.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:15:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Something that surprised me was that the Dane county Sheriff signed off on some NFA stuff. From what I can recall, as long as you're not in Madison itself, or in some community with covenants against businesses or zoning restrictions in residential areas, you "should" be fine. Hopefully someone from Madison/Dane county will chime in.

I hope so, too! I really don't want to have to rent a room in some random county and call that my licensed premises while I live in Madison...

Mike
Top Top