Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/4/2005 5:04:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 9:17:10 AM EST by Rabbit9]
The next Tactical Rifle Match is scheduled for May 21st at the Carolina Star www.carolinastar.com. Registration for the match will begin at 0800, with a safety briefing at 0830, and shooting to begin immediately thereafter. The cost of the match is $17. The match will consist of three COF's, with a minimum round count of 60. The targets will consist of bowling pins, steel plates, and IDPA silhouettes.

The first COF is a speed run with bowling pins and steel plates at 25-35 yards. The COF is vickers count; shoot all you want - knock them all down.

The second COF will be a barricade stage. The targets will be IDPA targets and steel plates at 35-50 yards. The COF is vickers count, with the IDPA targets requiring two scoring rounds.

The third COF is a SHOOT HOUSE. The targets will be IDPA targets, shot from point blank out, which require two scoring rounds. BEWARE the pink smiley faced alien no-shoots!

Our normal one gun, one optic rule is in effect, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE OR AP AMMUNITION ALLOWED.

Questions, Comments, Concerns > frabbit9@msn.com

Hope to see you there!

Note: Due to a charity match being held at the Carolina Star, there will not be a Tactical Rifle Match in June.
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 3:03:54 PM EST
Will be attending next weekend for the first time. Any tips on gear, etc that may be needed?

Looking forward to it!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:50:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/17/2005 9:53:51 AM EST by scoop]
Hershey,

Just bring your AR and plenty of ammo Sometimes the pins on stage 1 are harder to hit than they look. They just sit there laughing at you while you fire round after round in a vain attempt to knock them over You'll need probably 3 mags and some sort of pouch to carry them in along with eye and hearing protection, but don't worry if you don't have everything you need, there will be extra gear available for you to use. We aim to please. Safety is about the only thing we take very seriously, the rest of it is supposed to be fun Come on out and shoot. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:43:49 AM EST
Thanks looking forward to it.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:09:16 PM EST
MATCH THIS WEEKEND!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:31:11 PM EST
Hey guys, what do you use to carry you rextra AR mags for reloads? I'm looking for something like a thigh rig, any suggestions?

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:09:37 PM EST
This is my choice. I believe SCOOP is running the same gear.

www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4352&d=
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:37:28 AM EST
Hey guys. Couldn't make it today afterall. I had to take my wife to the ER yesterday. After 4+ hours, a Spinal tap, and CT scan, it was determined she just had a bad virus. Anyway, that ended my trip today. But all is well now, and hope the shoot went good!

I look forward to the shoot in July, biy it'll probably be hot though! I may even have a firend who's just getting into AR's come with me!

Later....

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:17:25 AM EST
Top Top