Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 11:22:45 AM EDT
Any Axis Deer hunters?

Heading over in June, thinking about taking a day to try to get one of these guys.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Arent they the size of dogs?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Axis deer are a bit larger than dogs unless you looking for Bambi.

You probably would have to go on a pay hunt since the public lottery has been conducted. Pay hunt on private land is a little steep.

What island you heading to?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Maui for a week, Big Island for 4 or 5 days.

I tried to do some searching on the internet for info, but it seems to be hard to come by.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard it nearly impossible to get picked in the Lottery.
Then again the Hunting Stamp affixed to the License exipres end June, correct.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've heard it nearly impossible to get picked in the Lottery.
Then again the Hunting Stamp affixed to the License exipres end June, correct.

Hawaii HUnting licenses are valid from July 1 to June 30.  They cost the same if you buy them the first day and use it all year or if you buy the last day and use it for just a day.

Resident fees (adult and child) are $10 for the license, $10 for the wildlife conservation stamp, and $10 for the game bird stamp (optional) if you planned on hunting any type of bird.

Seniors (65 and over) are free with the exception of the bird stamp.  Everyone pays for the bird stamp if they want one.

Non-resident fees would be $95 for the license and an additional $10 for the wildlife stamp, $10 for the game bird stamp (optional).

the license and the wildlife stamp must be purchased together as only together do you have a valid hunting license.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maui for a week, Big Island for 4 or 5 days.

I tried to do some searching on the internet for info, but it seems to be hard to come by.

entropy,

Try calling:  

Arrow One Ranch     808-878-2683

Maui Hunting Outfitters     808-876-1955

Maui Hunting Safaris      808-573-8426    mauihuntingsafari.com

Hope this helps you for your trip to Maui. I got drawn for the public hunt on Lanai for the last weekend of May 13th.

barry
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Mahalo!

Looking forward to getting to HI.  Been almost 10 years since we wer last there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top