BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:50:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That is why I now live in PA.
The other gun laws suck also.
Since I moved I can purchase handguns and RESTRICTED (MD law) rilfes and take they to to range the same day. No 7 day wait.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope it happens, but I don't think we'll see it here in the DPRM.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]

There are many of us here in MD who have been working quite hard to lobby our local legislators to see the shall issue law passed.  At the general assembly last year, the CCW bill made it out of committee, which for MD is a great success.  We'll see how this thing goes this year and what the anti's roll out for their annual "blood in the streets" presentation.

Start calling your Delegates and Senators NOW and asking them where they stand on this issue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#4]
+1

Call.

Write letters.

Take a day off work and join us at the statehouse on the day of the committee hearings. From no place in this state is it more than a couple hour drive.

WE (the law-abiding MD firearm owners) stopped the MD "assault weapon ban," WE can do this, too. People sitting back going "yea, right" are our own worst enemy. In fact, the main reason the CCW bill did not make it out of committee this year was the threat to have an AWB attached to it.

/rant off

rvb
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There are many of us here in MD who have been working quite hard to lobby our local legislators to see the shall issue law passed.  At the general assembly last year, the CCW bill made it out of committee, which for MD is a great success.  We'll see how this thing goes this year and what the anti's roll out for their annual "blood in the streets" presentation.

Start calling your Delegates and Senators NOW and asking them where they stand on this issue.

+1

I was really surprised last year at how far this bill made it. We are dedicated and persistent, which goes a long way towards making up for our lack of numbers. Let's keep at it this year.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was really surprised last year at how far this bill made it. We are dedicated and persistent, which goes a long way towards making up for our lack of numbers. Let's keep at it this year.

We pushed it pretty far and I was pretty pleased at how well we represented ourselves in our testimony.....professional, logical, dispassionate but heartfelt.  Compare that to the rantings and outright lies by the Leah Barrett/Gail Gunn creature and Neil "I dream of being Diane Feinstein" Quinter and you see why we will ultimately prevail.

As far as lack of numbers......over the last two years we have consistently put anywhere between 50 and 200 people in these hearings (and in the hall) depending on the day.  Compare this with the paid professional lobbysists who supposedly represent "the views of the majority of Marylanders" and you see that on their best day they can't muster any more than 3-8 people.  

Last year...not one single individual appeared to testify in opposition to us.  Out of an entire state....not a single solitary private citizen took the time to come out and speak.  We, as private citizens, took sick leave, vacation time, etc to come out and fight these morons and it made a difference.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
I was at one of those hearings in Annapolis and I could hardly believe how far we outnumbered to paid anti-Constitutionallists.  One jerk from Baltimore started railing on Sandy from Valley Gun Shop about how his guns were killing the children of Baltimore.  What a commie dude is so far infatuated with his own voice that he will split Hell wide open when he finally buys it for buying this Bull about guns being the problem versus personal accountability.  All four of my children have grown up around guns and other than a few Baltimore rats and some crows they haven't killed anything else from Baltimore.   Keep up the good work as I am about 6000 miles too far away to attend right now.

The Army Owns the Night
God Bless America
Very Respectfully,
David
South West Asia
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
David,

Glad to see you checking in.

Just a small point of correction.....that comment from the, ahem, gentleman from Baltimore was more specifically, "You are responsible for killing black children in the city".  Total irrationality.  I think his name is Ralph Haines....
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, last year I was surprised at how far the bill got.  Looking forward to calling and writing letters again this year.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
We might all just get a chance to make a difference.  I received this email today, as I'm sure many of us did.  neil Quinter's seat would be a mighty prize for us.  I'll be sending my check when I get paid next.

Pastor Rick Bowers is running for the Maryland House of Delegates in District 13 and he needs your support.

Why?

Two names:  Guy Guzzone and Neil Quinter.

Yes, that's Maryland's infamous District 13, currently inhabited by Delegates Neil Quinter, Shane Pendergrass, and Frank Turner.  All solid "F" on our issue.  Now things are heating up.  So hot, in fact, that Neil is taking a pass and running for the Congressional District 3 seat to be vacated by Congressman Ben Cardin.  (Neil being a Capitol Hill insider and former aid to Senator Diane Feinstein, how could he pass this up?)  Consequently, Howard County District 3 Councilman and County Council Chair Guy Guzzone, who was till last week a contender for County Executive, has thrown his hat in the ring for Delegate in 13.  However, since Guy had been campaigning countywide for ages, his war chest now totals about $110,000.

That's where YOU come in.

This is Neil Quinter's district.  The same Neil Quinter who would ban all rifles chambered for 7.62x39mm Monday through Saturday, and your grampa's M1 twice on Sunday.  This is also the district of anti-gunners Shane Pendergrass and Frank Turner.  It would be hard to choose between them and the devil, but choices will be made.  Regardless of the outcome, both Democrats and Republicans are going to watch to see just how potent or impotent we gunowners are in the Maryland political process, especially in this key district.

This is a major political battleground for both sides.  The size of the money pot should tell you.  The Democrats would rather lose the County Executive seat in Howard County than lose a seat in the House of Delegates.  That's where the political power is.  That's why Senate President Mike Miller hedged his bets by changing the vote to close a filibuster (cloture) from 66% of the Senate to only 60% in this last session.  He knows a fight is coming.

Let's give it to him.

Rick Bowers believes that gun control means hitting what you aim at.

To support Republican candidate Rick Bowers for the Maryland House of Delegates in District 13, write a check to:

Citizens to Elect Rick Bowers
P.O. Box 6592
Columbia, MD  21045

I wrote him a check today for $50.  I would write more, but it was all I could afford this week.

Please send him $5 or $100, or whatever you can afford.  If we are to convince the political powerbrokers that we are a force to contend with, then we need to support the candidates who support our issue.  The money you send won't find its way into the coffers of a gun-grabbing candidate, and they'll miss it.

I will reply soon to those who have already contacted me by e-mail.  If others want to join this fight, then send me an e-mail.

There is another highly-qualified, pro-Second Amendment candidate running in District 13.  As soon as this candidate gives me leave to contact all of you, I will do so.  Until then, keep your ear to the ground, and support the legislators and candidates who support our cause.  We cannot afford to lose any ground.

For those who think good things can't happen, remember Cas Taylor...

Cas Taylor was Maryland's longest-serving Speaker of the House of Delegates.  In the 1998 election, he took 70% of the vote to challenger Doctor Eileen Brinker Steele's 30%.  Cas Taylor was key to passing Parris "The Longweasel" Glendening's so-called "Gun Safety Act of 2000."  Now we are #3 in violence, #2 in murder, and #1 in robbery.

(Well, at least you law-abiding gun owners have to see a movie before you buy a pistol.)

Some of us got mad.  Some of us got even.

Cas Taylor lost to a political neophyte and Christian businessman, Leroy Myers by 76 votes in 2002.

It took hours to get to Cumberland.

Howard County is close to everywhere.

District 13 is U.S. 29 and MD 32.

Bullseye.  You're there.

Come make history.

Again!

Ed
-------
Edward Patrick
Campaign Manager
Citizens to Elect Rick Bowers
Patty Wecker, Treasurer

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Ralph Hughes from Balt City I believe.

No CCW bill even got a vote in committe, much less out of committee last year.

Keep trying guys!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top