Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 8:49:46 AM EDT
All the usual comments apply. (gee, what I surprise... so glad I don't live there anymore, etc)

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15887-2003Sep15.html

Assault Weapons Targeted Again
In Challenge to Ehrlich, Democrats Call for Md. Ban on 45 Models

By Craig Whitlock
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 16, 2003; Page B01

Several Democratic elected officials in Maryland, including two leading contenders for governor in 2006, called yesterday for a ban on military-style assault weapons as part of a campaign that could force Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. (R) into a legislative battle over gun control.
                                      Montgomery County Executive Douglas M. Duncan and Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley...
-----------------------------------------------

Maryland's State motto?

"We wish we were Kalifornia."

--LS
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking savages.
They wont stop till we are completely unarmed.

What's even far more sickening? The Maryland State Police is their SS storm troopers.

I hate Maryland.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What really gets me is that there are so many cases that show how giving people the right to carry and being less restrictive with gun legislation actually reduces crime in states that recently allow it.  

I will never understand for the life of me how this "feel good" legislation that has absolutely no impact on crime and in a sense, adversely affects it, passes so easily.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Without question, I will move from this God forsaken place before I allow them to take even one bullet from me.  But, eventually we will run out of places to move.  I can feel the depression setting in.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
From the article:

"A real version of that weapon terrorized our community," Duncan said outside the Montgomery County Courthouse in Rockville, where gun-control proponents waved an inoperable replica of the Bushmaster rifle and pointed it at a line of television cameras.

Yup! That rifle just ran around shootin up the town all on it own. Pesky little buggers those Assault Weapons. What a bunch of wakoes.

"I can think of no greater memorial to the sniper victims than to get this law passed."

I gather you don't bother yourself with much of that thinking stuff and all... (spit).

At a morning news conference in Baltimore, O'Malley and Police Commissioner Kevin Clark also backed the bill, saying it would help to reduce crime in the city.

Really? Has there been a rash of crimes committed with high power rifles in Baltimore? Any crimes at all with high power rifles? Oooooooh, that's right, not supposed to be doing that thinking stuff. I keep forgetting.

Duncan's assessment was blunter. "We're talking about common-sense gun laws to help prevent violence," he said. "If Ehrlich is seen as not listening to common sense, that is going to be a problem for him."

He proved you wrong once. Looking forward to the 2nd time, it should be fun. BTW Duncan, how much DOES HCI contribute to your personal finances?

Good riddance MD.

--LS
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't panic yet gentlemen. Mr Erlic voted against the AW ban in '94 and veto in favor of repealing it in '96. As long as voter letters keep the (Md) Senate and the House as fractued as they are there's no way in hell md could get a ban underway. We aren't goinna win by movin' out, but we sure as hell aren't outta the fight yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I cant wait till Im out of the shit hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top