Posted: 5/1/2009 3:48:06 AM EDT
One less reason for me to go there.
Here is the link.
The bill specifically mandates the following:
(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;
(2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
(3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
(4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
(5) to require a health care facility to provide services or the use of its facility, or to transfer the management and supervision of the health care facility to the department or to a local public health authority;
I'm sure that other states will be looking to the MA bill to use as boilerplate for their own legislation. CT can't be too far behind. Look out Bill Of Rights !