Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:06:27 PM EDT
I have no clue why, but it damn sure hurts.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since you know about sucking....................

Quoted:

And what are you laughing at A.W.O.L.?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw one bruise on SAR shoulder and one on Hoot's forehead.

Me, well at least age has tought me something
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Saw one bruise on SAR shoulder

And only 45 rounds.

and one on Hoot's forehead.

Aw hell, that'll buff right out.

Me, well at least age has tought me something

Quality not quantity.

I bet I wont have many repeat takers for future events.

Thanks again!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was planning on shooting it again at PCR.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I bet I wont have many repeat takers for future events.

Thanks again!

I want to shoot it. Can't be any worse than your handcannon. My forearm still has nightmares about that thing
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So where were you today instead of shooting ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think that's old age.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I made the silly mistake of holding it how I would my 5.56 AR.  It was a bit stout, but fun. Thank you for the fun time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
What the hell are you clowns talking about?, My feet are killing me...

My back hurts, from sleeping on the cold ground, other than thinking I was going to get rained on it was a pretty good day...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Mangina?

No...

That seems to be in fine shape today...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My back hurts, from sleeping on the cold ground, other than thinking I was going to get rained on it was a pretty good day...

What are you doing bitching on the 'puter? You should be out killing something!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you doing bitching on the 'puter? You should be out killing something!

the only thing I seem to be able to kill this week is my grass...

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So where were you today instead of shooting ?

Yeah Bunny told me he went shooting.  Damn it I had to work.  I'm off on Thursday, maybe I'll lay siege upon DaBunny's house!

TO Arms! TO Arms!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!  WTF DID I DO TO GET SHOT AT!?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
My shoulder feels fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My shoulder feels fine.

Would not want to hurt your wrist.....

Better order the Mini-Pancakes, and cut down on the risk.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
CavVet dose this make you hurt.

My be this helps. We need to go shooting. Ever over here on the dry side we can hit the 1000 yard range.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#21]
that really is about 150 rounds, you just put some foam under them to make it look like more.

I dont know why, but Im starting to get the bug for a .50 bad.....Kinda dumb seeing that there is nowhere around here to shoot the darn thing.

I could sell my Night Vision, and take it out to my hunting area, but the longest shot is just shy of 500 yds and going to check targets would be a bitch...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I could sell my Night Vision, and take it out to my hunting area, but the longest shot is just shy of 500 yds and going to check targets would be a bitch...

Bologna ! when was the last time you checked the range down either mainstreet or lewis street in Monroe ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bologna ! when was the last time you checked the range down either mainstreet or lewis street in Monroe ?

Good point!...Ya know from the tallest building in the city I could easily put targets up ontop of Fredmeyer, The Lewis Street Bridge, and the Prison..

But checking on the targets would still be a pain.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Good point!...Ya know from the tallest building in the city I could easily put targets up ontop of Fredmeyer, The Lewis Street Bridge, and the Prison..

But checking on the targets would still be a pain.

Only in the daytime when traffic is bad wait until 03;00 am and there will be no problem at all checking targets.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm lookin' at this thread and thinkin':  WHAT am I missing?

I see BIG GUNS and alcohol.  
I'll drink and watch YOU guys get hurt!

My buddies used to ask me to go to Ilwaco to go 'fishing'...  NFW.  Uh-uh.
I'll stay on-shore, thanks.  YOU go fishing.

Then again, a sore shoulder is WAY better than barfing your guts out 30-miles out to sea in 30-foot swells, thankyouverymuch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
that really is about 150 rounds, you just put some foam under them to make it look like more.

img39.imageshack.us/img39/3526/picture513ss5mi.jpg

I dont know why, but Im starting to get the bug for a .50 bad.....Kinda dumb seeing that there is nowhere around here to shoot the darn thing.

Nawwwh not fake the pile has gotten bigger. Even big then this old pic.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#27]
At least we settled one thing

half inch thick steel plate "ALGOTUF"  will stop a 50bmg AP round.

At least a few have now seen and believe !

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'll drink and watch YOU guys get hurt!

It only hurts a little at first...Ya know, till you get used to it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The question is...

For how long?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

This is 5/8" plate and my AP round have NO problem with blowing though it  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!  WTF DID I DO TO GET SHOT AT!?

I think posting that pick of you is justification enough. LOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ofcourse captain obvious it is NOT  ALGOTUF
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Well a .50 BMG hurts the head i have a 1/2 moon shape cut on my head from where i had a HOT lacke city Go off and the recoil hit me and the scope hit my head. i still want a fifty though
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is "ALGOTUF" Please some one here tell me?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Which reminds me, do you think you could rig up a cockpiece made out of it for me? Do you know how much it costs or how hard it'd be to armor the rear of my truck's cab?h.gif

BTW, KLM, it's a specially hardened steel alloy, I believe. Interestingly enough, the 50BMG AP round did little more damage than M855 rounds out of my poodle-popper.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AlgoTuf down load
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Which reminds me, do you think you could rig up a cockpiece made out of it for me? Do you know how much it costs or how hard it'd be to armor the rear of my truck's cab?.

It was going for 75cents a pound for a remnant but now expect to pay over two dollars, it is 500 pound per cubic foot.

But yes i can armer your truck, all it takes is {EE}
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#38]
My Head Hurts, it Really does
.50 BMG with a HOT AP round Can really Hurt the head, i have a nice cut on my head from the scope.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/wsm41bn/037.jpg
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AlgoTuf down load

OK cool. Now I know what it is. I think I had to machine some of that stuff before.
Man it is what we need for our 400 yard and 800 Yard GONG.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My Head Hurts, it Really does
.50 BMG with a HOT AP round Can really Hurt the head, i have a nice cut on my head from the scope.

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/wsm41bn/037.jpg

OUCH MAN. My Barrett will not do that to you but my UL-50 might if you get up too close. A 50 BMG aint like shooten a Tweedy ott  six.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#41]
going to seem out of context but this quote stems from a conversation we were having about writing tyranical servants.

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle! Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
--Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#42]
the .50 is a good long range bullet
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

If you are using it on Soft tissue targets, I would say that it is nothing special, You could work your way in a little closer and use 338 lupa,  or even .308

Dead is dead...

If you are talking about taking out equipment, well...Lets not fall into the Bradybunch's pocket.
It is a round, and that is all, It may be good at taking out a parked veh if you hit it in the right spot, but on a moving  veh, you are more than likely not going to do much to stop it the first couple of shots.(If you have that much time).

Face it, A Bolt action single shot  .50 rifle has a very limited range of uses, Best suited for a Long range target shooting. You will not be humping this thing through the woods much.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are using it on Soft tissue targets, I would say that it is nothing special, You could work your way in a little closer and use 338 lupa,  or even .308

True, other cartridges would perform just as well against game or criminals.

Dead is dead...

Unless we're talking zombies.

If you are talking about taking out equipment, well...Lets not fall into the Bradybunch's pocket.
It is a round, and that is all, It may be good at taking out a parked veh if you hit it in the right spot, but on a moving  veh, you are more than likely not going to do much to stop it the first couple of shots.(If you have that much time).

Yeah, other tools would work better against equipment.

Face it, A Bolt action single shot  .50 rifle has a very limited range of uses, Best suited for a Long range target shooting. You will not be humping this thing through the woods much.hich

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dead is dead...

Face it, A Bolt action single shot  .50 rifle has a very limited range of uses, Best suited for a Long range target shooting. You will not be humping this thing through the woods much.

Which is why YOU are going to carry it--you've been volunteered. A semi-auto with a carbine length barrel would be much more useful--and much more expensive.

You had to bring up Zombies!...

Now that is the stuff we should be discussing!..
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Zombies?

Da Bunny will say something in:

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dead is dead...

Which is why YOU are going to carry it--you've been volunteered. A semi-auto with a carbine length barrel would be much more useful--and much more expensive.

X2

338 lapua?  225 grains usually?  Its lost more than half its velocity and a third of its energy at 500 yards???

While I agree you aint humpin this thing anywhere (Unless you are Bunnyman! ), to give up the barrel length put you where a mucho smaller rifle would be more suited, then you do need to close that last 1000 yards, or more,and a semi gives up something in the accuracy department.

And dont you want to be able to drop satellites in orbit????  

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Sierra makes a 300gr missile for the .338. Kind of interesting but it doesn't approach the BC of a decent .50 round. What it does offer is a round that can be chambered in a light, accurate, relatively low recoil bolt action that can actually be carried to a zombie fest. Couple it with an lightweight M4 and you have two tools that can hit anything from 0-1500yds. It's on my list of things to get.

Not blasting the .50. It has its place and provides capabilities no other cartridge can. And for that reason you must get both
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Not blasting the .50. It has its place and provides capabilities no other cartridge can. And for that reason you must get both

And that is what it is all about!...

I have a strong wanting for the .50 now Thanks asshole you know who you are!  But I sure would hate to have to hump that bitch if it ever came down to it.

That all being said, I think I have a new place to shoot that, but it is one of those types where you hump in in the morning to set up your targets and then come back a hour of so later to shoot the rest of the day and then go clean up your mess...You will need a good spotting scope and a good pair of hiking boots. this area can only support about 4 people, and it would be better suited for    slow take your time type scoped bolt gun practice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
That all being said, I think I have a new place to shoot that, but it is one of those types where you hump in in the morning to set up your targets and then come back a hour of so later to shoot the rest of the day and then go clean up your mess...You will need a good spotting scope and a good pair of hiking boots.

So what is the verified maximum distance possible at this range ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top