Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 12/16/2009 7:22:50 AM EDT
Only 8 1/2 months?  Well I guess he should consider himself lucky he got busted in 2008 and not 2009.  Under this administration, he'd be lucky to see daylight before retirement.

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:27:15 AM EDT
Cam and Co last night was talking about how the rapper TI got arrested for  a felon being in possession of 24 some odd guns, had 3 full auto rifles in his car. Some mire at home and a few supressors. Got a year and one day in jail. Will only do eight months for good time. But will actually only do 6 months in jail and then a half way house an then a month or so house arrest.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 10:05:54 AM EDT
Was this the guy posting his full auto AR on youtube?
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 10:41:57 AM EDT
It says he was stopped for speeding.

How did a routine traffic stop turn into a search of his vehicle? And an inspection of these weapons? He probably should've slowed down a bit, given his questionable cargo
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 10:59:46 AM EDT
Aaron Lawless of Kearney...

The name is just TOO funny!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 11:07:18 AM EDT
I didn't even catch the last name.  DEAD give away
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 2:11:24 PM EDT
I don't agree with full auto being regulated but I'm not prepared to do time for possessing one that is not properly registered. I have no sympathy for the guy as he should not have made them full auto. He's an idiot,  has lost his freedom, cost himself the ability to ever own firearms again and will be a felon for the rest of his life. Stupid hurts.

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 4:28:23 PM EDT
Serious?  We are supposed to believe that "legislation" of guns will keep us safe from them and yet illegal machine guns get you that weak ass shit?  (I'm talking about in the hands of criminals)
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 4:31:35 PM EDT
Just look at Oakland, California and you will see a great example of gun laws not working at all to curb violent crime. They legislated out all the gun shops, pawn shops cant sell or buy guns, and zero ammunition allowed to be sold in the county and yet they still have this problem.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 7:35:22 PM EDT
Oakland California, liberal (progressive paradise)  
One more reason to not go to california.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 7:45:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By longun45:
Oakland California, liberal (progressive paradise)  
One more reason to not go to california.

Not really a paradise per se. More like GHETTO FABULOUS.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 10:26:01 PM EDT
I've been to Kearney.  Lots of tractors and long straight roads.  That guy must have been haulin ass to get busted for speeding. Pretty much spent most of my down time poking around a huge Cabelas there in the middle of nowhere off I-80.  I got stuck there during an early spring snow storm while helping a friend move cross country. They closed the highway for about 12 hours.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:27:05 AM EDT
Found some more information on it:

Homemade machine gun nets former Kearney man federal prison time

World-Herald News Service
Published: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:11 PM CST
KEARNEY - A former Kearney man will be in federal prison for the next 81/2 years for possessing a homemade machine gun.

Aaron Lawless, 24, of Gothenburg, formerly of Kearney, was sentenced Friday in U.S. District Court with the weapons violation by Judge Richard Kopf.

A Nebraska State Patrol trooper on Interstate 80 near Odessa stopped Lawless in November 2008 for traveling 81 mph in a 55 mph construction zone. As he was pulling over to stop, Lawless threw a marijuana pipe out of the vehicle. When the trooper interviewed Lawless, he found two machine guns, several other weapons and weapon parts inside the car.

Lawless' passenger, Richard Canfield, 32, of Overland Park, Kan, owned the guns, but neither gun had a serial number or was registered to Lawless or Canfield with the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.

Canfield has been convicted in federal court of knowingly possessing the machine guns, three .22-caliber rifles, a 12-gauge shotgun, a .22-caliber pistol, three silencers, 7.62 mm-rifle, the lower receiver from an AR-15, and a 9-mm pistol frame.

Sentencing will be in February. He faces 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine.

Unlike the state Department of Corrections, which offers defendants parole, federal prison doesn't.

According to federal court records, Lawless admitted to shooting the machine guns near Cozad earlier on Nov. 25, 2008, and knowing the guns were homemade and had no serial numbers. Lawless pleaded guilty to the charge in September.

A press release from federal court said Lawless was found to have both post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder, was also placed on supervised release for three years and was ordered to enroll in an in-patient treatment program for PTSD.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:25:08 PM EDT
Here is a history on Aaron Lawless.  He is an American Hero.

(timeframe for this article is Spring 2008)

Aaron Lawless joined the military the day after his 17th birthday. April 17th 2002. Ever since then he has been in the military.

He is currently stationed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington D.C.. There he is recovering from wounds recieved on July 12 2006. During his time in the military he has recieved four purple hearts, Two Bronze Stars with V-devices, and one Silver Star. He has served in both the United States Marine Corps and the United States Army.

He recieved his first two Purple hearts in Fallujah and Ramadi. One for a piece of shrapnel in his right leg and amall debris peppered up his right side from an RPG. During the same incedent he was awarded a Bronze Star with a V-device for being part of a fireteam that flanked and dispatched the enemy while a medivac was being performed on victims of an IED.

His second Purple Heart came from a machine gun blast when running across a street. He waited for the machine gunner to reload before he returned fire and ran across the street. Well as it turns out the machine gunner did not reload.
He was just taking a break to let the gun cool. When Aaron finally ran across the street the machine gunner caught him with the last couple rounds of a belt of ammo. One passed right through his ass and a second is lodged in his left thigh ust under the skin.

His third Purple Heart and Silver Star came at the same time. On November 19th of 2005 he was lead gunner on a patrol in Bayji Iraq. His patrol was driving down Smugglers Road outside of town. As they were going down this road another column of humvees approached them from the north. This happened to be Bravo Company from the same base as Aaron's. As they neared the two
gunners stood up to let each other know who they were. As they got about 25 yards from one another a bomb exploded. Instantly killing all but one man in the opposite humvee. Aaron was struck in the face and head by a tire and a piece of shrapnel. He flew out of the turret and landed off to the side of the road. His humvee landed next to a secondary IED that also detonated and
ended up killing the remaining men inside. After the explosion Aaron woke up on the ground to the sound of gunifre. He then got up and ran to the safest place he could reach, and that was the crater of the first IED that had went off.

Over 1000 pounds of naked RDX High-Explosive, three 155 milimeter artillery shells, and one anti-tank mine, had blown a hole nearly 12 feet wide and 8 feet deep in the ground. Once he reached the hole he looked for his weapon but it was no where near him. He then found an M4 with the butt stock blown off, although the operating tube was still intact, the weapon still fired. He then
returned fire and got out of the crater to search for survivors. The men he found were for the most part unrecognizable. He then heard what sounded like a faint screaming. He feared the worst and withdrew his combat knife so he could sneak up on what he thought was the enemy. When he got closer to the noise he realized it was a an American voice saying oh god, please help me .

At that time he realized that the sound was coming from almost directly to his right side. There under a piece of metal from the top of the Humvee lay a person he would later find to be PFC Adam Millett. He happened to be the Medic from the other vehicle and was not doing very well. He had broken both legs,and both arms top and bottom, numerous broken ribs and was nearly
missing an ear. Aaron then proceeded to fix Adam the best he could and run him back to the humvees. Once at the humvees he ordered private who was gunning to get out and give him his helmet. He then gunned all the way back to base and was hit by another IED, breaking his nose. Aaron recieved the Purple Heart and Silver Star that day for being hit in the head with a piece of shrapnel and still managing to perform first care on the survivor and run him back to the trucks to safety.

On 21 February 2006 Aaron led a sniper team of six men into Bayji Iraq under the cover of darkness. Their mission was to gather intel on a certain street that was notorious for insugrents setting up IED�s and hasty ambushes on convoys headed to the Kurdish compound.

At around 0500 the radio started recieving a message. Our informant had given us intel that the number 1 and number 2 wanted men in our sector would be near our position. The number one man Qader Mquhl (KAY-der mi-COOL) and his brother Azheem Mquhl (OZ-heem mi-COOL) were supposed to be meeting in a cafe across the street. It was approximately one hundred yards from the teams position. That afternoon one of the men in the team made a positive ID on Qader Mquhl ,and moments later the fight had erupted. More than an hour and a half later, the fight was over.The whole team had escaped unscathed. However over 23 enemy combatants had been killed. Including the two Targets. Aaron was awarded a Bronze Star with a V-device leading his team in a fight against a far superior enemy force and completing the objective with zero casualties.

His fourth and last purple heart came on July 12 2006. Aaron was gunning on a humvee on a routine combat patrol in Bajyi Iraq. As the vehicle pulled off the side of the road a bomb went off that knocked out Aaron instantly. After the fighting stopped the medic thought that Aaron was dead. He was loaded onto the helicopter as life saving procedures were started.. The crew chief tried for a long time but eventually gave up. Aaron was thought to be dead.... Seconds after they covered him up with a blanket his hand started moving and he groaned a bit. He was immeadiately started on life support and was flown to Balad military hospital in Baghdad. There emergency surgery was performed to remove the shrapnel from his brainstem and to repair his damaged vertebrae. When docotors performed a CT scan to see if they had retrieved all the shrapnel they made a startling discovery. He had a tumor growing in the top of his head that was ths size of a tangerine. After that discovery he was flown to Germany and then to the United States to Walter Reed Army Medical Cetnter where he is still stationed today.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2009 8:14:02 PM EDT by chiz45]
Hmm, homemade MGs with NO serial number? There was a case similar to this from a few years ago, which challenged Federal jurisdiction over the matter––how does a homemade/homegrown MG affect interstate commerce? I'm sure the state bans unregistered MGs (as does Nevada) so he can still be charged, but typically state time is just a fraction of fed time.

Food for thought:

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 10:22:44 PM EDT
Yep and some hwo SCOTUS related marijuana to a state MG.

Marijuana is untraceable (pretty much). If the feds permitted state only MGs and the MGs had to be marked, they could easily be stopped from interstate commerce.

Not even close to untraceable or easily hidden.

One case the 9th circus actually had right.
Top Top