Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 8:38:11 AM EDT
I like my title better.

Man Seriously Wounds Intruder During Botched Home Invasion

A homeowner in Brooklyn shot and seriously wounded a would-be burglar early this morning, police said.

Larry Goldstein, 62, of East 64th Street in Mill Basin was awoken shortly before 2 a.m. when he and his wife heard noise downstairs.

He grabbed his licensed revolver and went to investigate when he saw two intruders brandishing guns, sources told The Post.

Goldstein opened fire hitting one intruder three times while his accomplice fled.

The wounded man, identified, as Alexander Manigat, of 371 E. 35th Street in Brooklyn, was taken to Brookdale Hospital in critical condition with two gunshot wounds to his torso and one time in the arm.

Manigat was placed under arrest.

Goldstein, a retired schoolteacher, has not been charged.

Neighbors praised Goldstein’s actions.

"If somebody were to break into my house and try to harm my family, there's very little that's gonna come between me and my family" local resident Mike Reinhardt told WPIX. "I hope the perpetrator is hurting [and] he learns his lesson so he can share his story with other people about breaking into other people's houses."

Police said there had been several break-ins and home invasions in the neighborhood in recent months.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Goldstein, at first, tried to "bargain" with the intruder.... lol.

Mill Basin and "armed" doesn't really go together.... Although, alot of the homeowners there have bocu bucks and "cash" businesses...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
That "bargaining" comment was really not cool. The guy did what he had to do and deserves nothing but praise. Guess he and the family were written into the Book of Life these High Holidays....
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That "bargaining" comment was really not cool. The guy did what he had to do and deserves nothing but praise. Guess he and the family were written into the Book of Life these High Holidays....

Lighten up, Francis.... It's a "joke"...

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if this guy goes to westside? Any details on the wheel gun?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Goldstein, at first, tried to "bargain" with the intruder.... lol.

Mill Basin and "armed" doesn't really go together.... Although, alot of the homeowners there have bocu bucks and "cash" businesses...

YES AND BODYBAGS IN THE TRUNK OF THIER CARS, WITH PAULIE ON SPEED DIAL.. FOR REAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top