Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 11:59:57 PM EDT
Spent a good portion of yesterday working on the Scout. Didn't realize there were so many different things that will catch on fire.

Throwing sparks onto insulation while grinding WILL light the insulation on fire.

Welding a patch in place that has wet paint near it WILL set the wet paint on fire.

I've got 3 fire extinguishers in the garage now
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
At least you can repair the damage for a reasonable price, shop where I worked back in the 70's a guy was welding a hitch on a new cadillac and set the trunk carpet on fire.

The new trucks have platic air brake lines, seen those burn or get tiny holes in them.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I suppose full coverage insurance is out of the question?

Actually since I haven't been driving it much(Don't think I've driven it since August), I let the insurance expire.

Just have to worry about the garage........Good thing it is just a rental house
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I suppose full coverage insurance is out of the question?

Actually since I haven't been driving it much(Don't think I've driven it since August), I let the insurance expire. MsK called and suspended the insurance since it is ILLEGAL to not have insurance on a car with tags
Just have to worry about the garage........Good thing it is just a rental housebecause the garage and the contents are only worth $500 if it burns down under the renters insurance which is twice what the scout is worth

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure the Mrs. misting gasoline on it doesn't help either.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm sure the Mrs. misting gasoline on it doesn't help either.

I wondered what she was doing out there
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
They don't call it a 'SCOUT' for nothin'!
Going where others fear to tread...

ETA:  ...to provide 'LIBERTY'...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Vehicles burn....ask me how I know .
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Scouts burn very well when a AH-64 hits them with a hellfire. Ahhh, oops wrong type of scout.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Vehicles burn....ask me how I know .

Like this.....

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Scouts burn very well when a AH-64 hits them with a hellfire. Ahhh, oops wrong type of scout.

I predict one of 2 things would happen. Either they'd bounce off because of my superior welding skills, or they would pass through the rust holes and explode far on the other side
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top