Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/16/2013 7:28:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 7:30:00 AM EDT by esbfan]
Looks like Colorado is advancing new gun control measures limiting magazine capacity etc. Colorado based manufacturer Magpul has indicated they will pack up and leave Colorado if this legislation passes. Bravo Magpul!!

Magpul may leave Colorado

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:58:03 AM EDT
There is some empty warehouse space in Sumner, Washington or Wichita Falls, Texas that could use some jobs in manufacture and distribution of great products.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:43:50 AM EDT
My vote is Snohomish County!

Too soon?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:19:08 AM EDT
Why in blue fuck would magpul jump out of the frying pan and into another liberal cesspool?

Their best bet would be a red "no way in fuck we ever go blue"state, which are few & far between but not Washington by any stretch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:19:41 AM EDT
I have a feeling that WA would be too politically uncertain if Magpul does choose to leave CO. Remember that both WA and CO have both passed the pot law and seem to be fairly politically aligned: Lots of California think in the cities, and lots of rural areas that are often forgotten and under-represented in politics. I see them going to UT, WY, ID, or MT, possibly Oregon. Boise or Salt Lake would likely welcome a company like them with open arms, and there's a diverse workforce in those areas. Boise State in particular has a pretty cool plastics and composite engineering degree.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:25:31 AM EDT
No fucking way would Magpul take such a risk in WA. I could see Texas, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana being in the top slots. After that, I'm sure it boils down to what ever state is easiest to do business in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:26:41 AM EDT
A lot of our reps in state are pretty good. It's all the top echelon that goes full retard.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:23:04 PM EDT
Hopefully on Monday some common sense will come into play and this will fail in the actual vote.

If WA does something stupid like this, I would hope that Mega, Olympic, and Silver State, all move out. It would suck for us and our state but a company needs to have some guts and make a tough call.

all states are hurting for money and this is a way to hurt those that want to destroy your business.

Again I DO NOT WANT ANY Company to move out of WA but I understand and would support them if they did move.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:40:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 2:42:33 PM EDT by Madcap72]
SD is trying to adsorb as much of the shooting industry as it can apparently.

http://sturgisdevelopment.com/2013/01/state-community-representatives-to-promote-south-dakota-at-shot-show/

http://www.sdreadytowork.com/firearms

They are giving businesses some pretty good incentives to move in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:11:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kubota3430:

If WA does something stupid like this, I would hope that Mega, Olympic, CavVet and Silver State, all move out. It would suck for us and our state but a company needs to have some guts and make a tough call.

Ive already put the family on notice.

I had zero intention of buggin out anytime soon, but WA is not somewhere I plan to live if these moonbats are serious about coming after my gun rights. Two less taxpayers to support their FSA bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:21:48 AM EDT
This is a tough one... Born and raised in Washington and planning to return home next year after retiring, but if they, the State, bans "assault weapons" and/or "hi-cap" mags, Idaho or Nevada might be my final stop.

I know that "I" cannot hurt the libtards by not moving back home, but I believe in voting with my feet... One less person paying property taxes and sales taxes to support the lazy, crazies, libtards, hippies and the other mixed lot of losers.

Most gun owners are working and tax paying individuals, so I'm at a loss why the State would chase them away... I bet that if Washington should follow another Phucked up lead from either CA or CO, many would leave to a more gun friendly State in the near future.

BTW, Alaska is very gun friendly State, but its too cold and dark for most of the year... Time for a change!!
Top Top