Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 3:35:32 PM EDT
Does anyone use magpuls on their mags?I have an an idea(probably not the only one that thought this).Are they sturdy enough to clip the loops to a carbiner for empty mag retention.Just a thought, any input?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
PLenty sturdy enough, but you can only get a few on a carabiner, and they bang together and make noise (though less noise than the paracord-through-floorplate loops).   If you only plan on doing it for 1-2 at a time, it'll do; any more and I'd think about a "dump pouch" or a cargo pocket to put them in.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
A dump pouch or the cargo pockets on a pair of BDU pants would probably work a lot better. If you were under pressure I don't think you would want to be fumbling around with trying to hook your mags onto the carabiner.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
can anyone recommend a dump pouch for competition or class purposes?
TIA
Curt
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used the 550 cord on a carabiner method and it worked great while I was still sleeping in the mud.  Affix the beaner to your kit so the gate opens out and the hook is up.  To use just open up the loop using your thumb and forefinger and slap the loop into the beaner.  As far as the noise goes if your shooting so fast that you can't put mags back in their correct pouches I doubt you'll even hear the mags rattling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top