Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2009 5:47:07 AM EDT
Are there any restrictions in the Denver area concerning mags?   thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but limited to Denver proper.  No other restrictions in the state.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I always assumed that the PRB had a restriction too. Good to know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the website in my sigline. It will give you all the details for gun laws in Colorado.

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Are there any restrictions in the Denver area concerning mags?   thanks
In the city and county of Denver, you are limited to I think 20 rounds...once you exit though, dig out your Beta mags

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, No open carry in the city and county of Denver. Sucks because I like open carrying sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow, I always assumed that the PRB had a restriction too. Good to know.

Well if they do I know quite a few scofflaws.

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Also, No open carry in the city and county of Denver. Sucks because I like open carrying sometimes.

Even if it was legal to OC in Denver proper, doing so would cause DPD to Rodney King your ass, followed by a huge lawsuit.  

Now that I think about that, maybe thats not such a bad way to retire young
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if it was legal to OC in Denver proper, doing so would cause DPD to Rodney King your ass, followed by a huge lawsuit.  

I'll run the video camera.  I'm free most Sundays but I've got a fairly flexible schedule.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll run the video camera.  I'm free most Sundays but I've got a fairly flexible schedule.

I'll bring the beer, donuts, and the biggest scumbag that advertises on TV

Link Posted: 1/20/2009 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring the beer, donuts, and the biggest scumbag that advertises on TV

Sounds like a plan.  Bring a tarp too, I don't want you bleedin' all over the 4Runner.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out the website in my sigline. It will give you all the details for gun laws in Colorado.

Looking at possibly moving to CO. Question for you that I didn't see answered here:
http://www.rmgo.org/faq/

Do you have a waiting period to buy a firearm (IL has 24hrs for a Rifle and 72hrs for a handgun) in CO and if so does a CCW over-ride that waiting period?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking at possibly moving to CO. Question for you that I didn't see answered here:
http://www.rmgo.org/faq/

Do you have a waiting period to buy a firearm (IL has 24hrs for a Rifle and 72hrs for a handgun) in CO and if so does a CCW over-ride that waiting period?

No waiting period other then CBI (who does the background check here) being slower then dog manure.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
What's a waiting period?  LOL  Just the time it takes to get cleared through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

https://instacheck.state.co.us/
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#14]
No waiting period for handguns either?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can walk out with a handgun as soon as your background check goes through.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This USED to take 20 minutes or so. Now you're lucky if it's 2-3 hours. Right now it seems that although there is no "technical" waiting period, waiting for the background check often creates its own 1 day waiting period
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This USED to take 20 minutes or so. Now you're lucky if it's 2-3 hours. Right now it seems that although there is no "technical" waiting period, waiting for the background check often creates its own 1 day waiting period

Wow, I figured everyone had the Brady Bill 3 day wait on handguns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top