Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 6:21:01 PM EDT
This was the first time I've shot a match and thanks to the gang at River Bend Gun Club it went well. I competed in the Georgia Modified class on Saturday with my .308 Winchester Garand. Five relays with 25 shooting lanes, so there were a few folks there. Lots of veterans to chat with and a few youngsters as well. It’s been a while since I’ve been to RBGC and it’s nicer than I remember.

Posted a score of 403/1x and felt pretty good about the effort. I was pretty lousy in the off hand stage which hurt my overall score (Gotta work on that some more...). As usual, I rushed unnecessarily in all the stages.

I had a blast! Next one is in Oak Ridge, TN

Also last week I booked June 11th to volunteer at the CMP south location in Aniston, AL and will be allowed to hand pick my next Garand.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.  Glad to hear you had a good time.  How long did it take to complete the match?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Due to weather, we didn't fire the first shots until 9:45, so the final relay finished at 5:00 or so. From what I've gathered, most of the time it’s around 3pm if the start is on time.

Working the pit's (I drew pit duty for 3 of the 5 relays) was a little tiring, but I met allot of fellow Garand shooters and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I been to the RBGC Garand Match in 2000, and 2001 . In 2003 I got sick, Flu like crap, and 2003 & 2004 my screwy work schedule has had me working the weekend of the shoots. Like you said and very nice blend of Older folks and younger folks. Going to one of those helps you realise what the Jerry's had to contend with. Being armed with there K98's .Wished I was there and glad you had a great time. WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top