Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 2:13:29 PM EDT
This morning while at the MWCA show there was a Rock River 1911 on one of the dealers tables.  The pistol was marked New and priced at $370 minus $30 for show special.  When I asked the dealer about the pistol, he was honest and said he did not know alot about it but that he has no problems selling them and that Rock River is a good company.  I already know that Rock River is a good company but for that price they must be importing them is my guess.
Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol?  It is not listed on their website and this dealer says he can order them.  It was a no frills 1911 with Rock River Arms marked on the left side of the slide, smooth wood grips, basic sights, no front slide serrations, 4" barrel I believe, you get the point.
Is anyone familiar with where these pistols are coming from or have any reports on them?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Also interested in replys. I've got a .45 itch that I am dying to scratch.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Are your sure it is a Rock River?  That price sounds more like a Rock Island, which is completely different.

Personally I've never seen a Rock River (new or used) for less than $900.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking Rock Island too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know a lot about 45s, but I would also guess that it is Rock Island, not Rock River, just based on the price.  I've seen them for those prices in the Sarco ad in SGN.

I couldn't find any on their website, though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Eh...from everything I've read about RI 1911's..they're largly hit and miss, and mostly miss. Out-of-spec/misaligned holes, frame rails that are more speedbump laden than a Target's parking lot, etc.  IIRC they're made in the Phillipines..don't know if they're Armscore or not, but whomever's rattling out the frames seems more concerned with meeting quota than meeting quality...

The ones that run though, are as good as anything else out there for bottom-end stock 1911's.

It's just getting ones that run that's the problem...

But, that's just what I've read. I have not handled one in person (and don't particularly plan to, except maybe as a cheap project gun.) YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top