Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:07:19 PM EDT
I posed the same question in another thread, but maybe some of you guys didn't read it or had already been there before I asked...

I've just recently moved to Billings, and had a great time with other Arfcomers down in North Texas & Missouri - bunch of neat people that love their Black Rifle...

I already see that kill9cowboy, grizzlyarms, Chtmg, TANGOCHASER are fellow Montanans...

The reason for this Roll Call is hopefully to stimulate some interest in either monthly, or quaterly shoots at a central or rotating location, so we can get some quality time at the range, and meet other Arfcomers in the State.

The North Texas group does it, and the Missouri MODCC group does it, and believe me it is a BLAST...   plus we got a chance to see some interesting hardware to boot...

So once again Sound Off...

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried a roll call once. No one answered. I got to thinking i was the only one, with an AR and knew how to use a computer.

BTW, i live in Butte. ya, real fanfuckintastic, but the school here is not like the town. I have land that might be a good spot for some arfcom fun, if ya know what i mean. shoot me an email.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I tried a roll call once. No one answered. I got to thinking i was the only one, with an AR and knew how to use a computer.

BTW, i live in Butte. ya, real fanfuckintastic, but the school here is not like the town. I have land that might be a good spot for some arfcom fun, if ya know what i mean. shoot me an email.

Cool...
I passed through Butte on my way to Missoula earlier today - got a job to do tomorrow and then head back to Billings tomorrow night (or later today if I don't send this soon enough)  Email coming...

Yeah, I was beginning to feel the same way,  then I-M-A-WMD called me, and filled me in as to why...

Hey, I'm from Texas, and just being friendly.  I'm sure there are others out there that get tired of shooting alone, or would be more inclined to shoot more if they had a reason to get out more...

Two of us are going to the Billings Gun Show on the  18th...

If some do not want to participate - more power to them...
When we can originize a shoot - they'll miss the first one, maybe the second, but eventually they come...

Is that a movie qoute???
Wrong sport - Field of Dreams...

Thanks for the reply...

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool...
I passed through Butte on my way to Missoula earlier today - got a job to do tomorrow and then head back to Billings tomorrow night (or later today if I don't send this soon enough)  Email coming...

Yeah, I was beginning to feel the same way,  then I-M-A-WMD called me, and filled me in as to why...

Hey, I'm from Texas, and just being friendly.  I'm sure there are others out there that get tired of shooting alone, or would be more inclined to shoot more if they had a reason to get out more...

Two of us are going to the Billings Gun Show on the  18th...

If some do not want to participate - more power to them...
When we can originize a shoot - they'll miss the first one, maybe the second, but eventually they come...

Is that a movie qoute???
Wrong sport - Field of Dreams...

Thanks for the reply...

I should be there. I will email you and let you know if i go or not. do you want to possibly hook up there?

3 hrs is a drive just to go to a gun show, but my aunts birthday is on the 17th, so i may be in town.

Are you going to hit up the gun show here in butte this weekend?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, already planning one...

Man, after drive thru Butte to Missoula - and back today, I'm not sure I'm ready to
spend anymore time behind the windshield...

The drive is beautiful, but hey, next weekend I'm vegging it...

I should be passing thru Butte @ around 8:30-9:00 pm...

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in Lolo/Missoula and grew up around Helena.  I spent lots of time around Elliston and Avon growing up.  

I shoot IPSC, gophers, hunting IS life, and fun, so look me up when you are coming my way.  

mattu@_removethis_djanda.com

shortside
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Wenatchee WA, Originally from Frenchtown. MT. Wish I was back there but I cant afford it. Why in the hell does a multi-state region have so few posts. Sounds like you guys need some marketing.  How does Butt look now? last time I was through there they had started cleaning up all the crap along the highway looked pretty good. and Billings I'll never forget Montana Ave. WOW!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a good friend that lives in Glendive, works for BNSF.

Come on... I DARE YOU!!!  Give me a reason to come back up their with party favors...

I DARE YOU!!! buwahahahahaha...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That's what I'm talking about...

Thanks for the posts.
I was trying to get permission to host a Montana Hometown Forum, but AR15 said not yet...
Maybe if they see more participation from members, then we can have our own forum.
We'll see...

Party favors, eh???
So nationwide what kind of party favors would bring you to MT???
Maybe we can find a sponsor to donate a flash suppressor, or mags, or something as
door prizes...    hell, a nice T-shirt with a cool logo gets me excited...

Do you go to shoots with the North Texas group out of DFW???

chilli-b next time I'm in Missoula I'll get in touch...
I went shooting down near Hamilton last month, and have an invite to return...
Might pop out that way next month for a weekend...

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#9]
ignore
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Just the standard stuff... no class 3 .

AR's, Ak's, and peestols... OH MY!!!

I drive truck, so I never get to hang with the DFW guys.  I met Brian427 (I think...) at a indoor range in Dallas yesterday, but that was just by chance.  He was shootin HIS AR and I go black rifle envy .  I was shooting my Beretta M92, Glock 27, and a brand new Springfield CUSTOM Mil-Spec (customized by ME!! buwahahaha!!!).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ignore

Ignore??? Ignore, what???

Well, next time your trucking this way, drop us some advance notice, and we can get a few guys together...

Don't envy, buy an AR...
or an AK.
Got to shoot I-M-A-WMD's AK a few weekends ago, and he's just about convinced me that I got to get me one of those...
It helps that they are half the price, so why not...

My Brother-in-Law is a member of the North Texas gang, and got me to go to one of their shoots - that's how I got the AR bug...
Had so much fun I bought a Bushy 20" target - now it wants a carbine cousin...

Keep in touch...

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#12]
great falls gun show is sep 24,25,26  at 4 seasons arena if anyone is up this way.   one 3 table booth of ar stuff, some class 3 stuff, lots of antique crap.  overall not too bad.  good shooting range north of town.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm currently in Bozeman but I live Butte.  Going to MSU.  

Anyone been to the 1000yd range in Livingston?  Zoo?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

1K range in Livingston...Never heard of it, and further you'd have to be able to dope wind like a mad man to shoot anywhere in that area past 50 yds.

Not aware of any Zoos in the area either.

Not sure if you're aware of it or not but there's a great range just West of Belgrade. (Technically it's called Logan)

Here's their website: Bozeman Area Shooting Range.

They hold 3-gun comps, IPSC, IDPA, shotgun etc. etc. IIRC, they have a 500 yard range.  The range is located at the Buffalo Jump exit on the North side of the river.  If you've driven from Bozeman to Butte, you've passed it in plain site as it's only 7-800 yards off of the interstate.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm in Wenatchee WA, Originally from Frenchtown. MT. Wish I was back there but I cant afford it. Why in the hell does a multi-state region have so few posts. Sounds like you guys need some marketing.  How does Butt look now? last time I was through there they had started cleaning up all the crap along the highway looked pretty good. and Billings I'll never forget Montana Ave. WOW!

IMO- it's probably because when we look in the Home Town Forums- we aren't looking for "R" for Rocky Mountain Home Town Forum"...  We're looking for "M"- as in Montana.  That took me at least a month or two to figure out.

ETA: Butt still looks like a sh*t hole to me.  Driving in there's a lot of pine trees, thousands and thousands of acres... Half of em' are dead and brown.  Just Butt ugly. (Puns intended) They need to selective harvest that crap.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]
00_buckshot checking in.  I'm in the Missoula area and do most of my shooting at the Deer Creek Shooting Facility.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
00_buckshot checking in.  I'm in the Missoula area and do most of my shooting at the Deer Creek Shooting Facility.

Thanks for venturing over 00.

DCSF is one fine range.  Shot there last year at a 3-gun match.  We got rained out though.  What discipline do you usually shoot? Action Pistol, High Power, etc.  I'm basically your standard "more thrusts per squeeze" type.  But I do enjoy getting ready for big game season... Which is comin' in quick.

BTW Cutter-

Got to shoot I-M-A-WMD's AK a few weekends ago, and he's just about convinced me that I got to get me one of those...

I'm heading home to lovingly fondle my new Pre-ban early import Chicom with folding spike bayo which I just picked up at the Billings show on Sunday.  I spotted it on a rack and was on it like a helicopter ride off the Titanic!

Sly

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Co-worker lives there, and just heard about the range from him...

I've been knocking around the idea with I-M-A-WMD to have a shoot there just to get more Arfcomer Montanans to show up - since it's more centrally located to everyone...

Keep those post coming...

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

BTW Cutter-

I'm heading home to lovingly fondle my new Pre-ban early import Chicom with folding spike bayo which I just picked up at the Billings show on Sunday.  I spotted it on a rack and was on it like a helicopter ride of the Titanic!

Sly

That's great news, now I'll have another cool weapon of yours to try out...
right???   uh hum, right???
So now you are going to force me to buy 7.62 just so I can shoot your gun...
You and I are going to have to go shopping together for my AK!!!  Since I'm a novice, I figure this way I'll get a better rifle with your help...

Let's see, how many overtime hours will I need to work next pay period to buy my AK - ** times 7, carry the 4, divided by...
It could happen...   really soon, in fact...

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW Cutter-

I'm heading home to lovingly fondle my new Pre-ban early import Chicom with folding spike bayo which I just picked up at the Billings show on Sunday.  I spotted it on a rack and was on it like a helicopter ride of the Titanic!

Sly

You and I are going to have to go shopping together for my AK!!!  Since I'm a novice, I figure this way I'll get a better rifle with your help...

Let's see, how many overtime hours will I need to work next pay period to buy my AK - ** times 7, carry the 4, divided by...

Not a problem Cutter.

Not a problem Cutter.

Not a problem Cutter.

2 weeks, not a problem Cutter.

Does that sum it up?

Sly
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW Cutter-

Sly

Not a problem Cutter.

Not a problem Cutter.

Not a problem Cutter.

2 weeks, not a problem Cutter.

Does that sum it up?

Sly

You da man...

AK, here I come, ooooooh boy...

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Checking in. I am from Great Falls, but in North Dakota for college.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't know the logan range held 3-gun.  I am looking for other 3-gun matches in Montana   I live near Malta, and know I will have to drive far to find anything.  There is supposed to be a range in Saco, but I do not know if they host anything.  Maybe I'll have to start.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been knocking around the idea with I-M-A-WMD to have a shoot there just to get more Arfcomer Montanans to show up - since it's more centrally located to everyone...

Tell me more about the range.  Where is it at!?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I didn't know the logan range held 3-gun.  I am looking for other 3-gun matches in Montana   I live near Malta, and know I will have to drive far to find anything.  There is supposed to be a range in Saco, but I do not know if they host anything.  Maybe I'll have to start.  

AFAIK- Logan/Bozeman, Missoula, and Billings are the only 3-gun ranges.  (But I don't profess to know much)

Also, Cody Wyoming holds 3 gun matches occasionally.  

Use The USPSA Club Finder...

Sly
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me more about the range.  Where is it at!?

Not sure...
He said it was north just outside of town...

I'll ask him tomorrow for more specific info...

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top