Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/28/2011 9:23:08 AM EDT
Got an email today stating MSSA was canceling all events this weekend due to the flooding and they were preparing to move all their equipment in preperations for the Mississippi River flooding it's banks.  Anybody been out there the last few days to see if we're looking at a repeat of last year?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:34:39 PM EDT
I think Brunswick road is closed north of Highway 70 and south of Jack Bond righ now.

Also heard parts of Old Brownsville are closed. Can anybody confirm?

I don't think you can get anywhere near MSSA right now.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:44:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2011 12:44:49 PM EDT by HermanSnerd]
I just called MSSA and no one answered the phone. If they are still moving stuff, I would be glad to help when I get off work today
if they need more volunteers. If someone from MSSA sees this and needs help, send me an IM with your cell number.

This was posted on the website last night:

All scheduled matches are cancelled for this weekend do to flooding.

We are getting ready to move everything off the club property in anticipation of the Mississippi river flood, claims that the water level at the club will be even higher than the last flood.

Damn.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 2:22:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HermanSnerd:
I just called MSSA and no one answered the phone. If they are still moving stuff, I would be glad to help when I get off work today
if they need more volunteers. If someone from MSSA sees this and needs help, send me an IM with your cell number.

This was posted on the website last night:

All scheduled matches are cancelled for this weekend do to flooding.

We are getting ready to move everything off the club property in anticipation of the Mississippi river flood, claims that the water level at the club will be even higher than the last flood.

Damn.

I'll be happy to help as well.  Give me a call if you get in touch with anyone.  901-626-1822 - Thomas
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:52:38 PM EDT
i think Eddie at G&A said everything was moved, but if not I can pass the info along to him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:50:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jimmyjoebob:
i think Eddie at G&A said everything was moved, but if not I can pass the info along to him.

I don't think everything has been moved yet.

I got an e-mail from Lynn and Bill that said they were going to try to move everything on Saturday and that they needed volunteers.

Then another e-mail later from Bill said:

Just got word that the water may still be rising at the club and we may not be able to get in. I'll send out a reply to this Email late Friday afternoon letting you know if we can get in to the range on Saturday.

If anyone finds out the details, please post them here. We need to know what time they plan on starting, and also what routes are open to get to MSSA.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:37:07 AM EDT
Just got some info from MSSA.

The water level has dropped about 10 feet overnight. The club is open right now.
Brunswick road is no longer closed.

They have trailers on site in the parking lot right now to fill.

There is a Board of Directors meeting tonight to determine what and when they are going to load the trailers.

I plan on calling tomorrow morning to get more details. If anyone else has anything to add, please do so.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:16:52 AM EDT
MSSA is open. They are taking a "wait and see" aproach to bugging out.

Go shoot!

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:30:44 PM EDT
Great to hear, thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:45:19 PM EDT
Spoke to William over at Arms Fair this morning.  He's the treasurer at the range.  He said everything is open right now with the exception of the sporting clay range.  They are going to put all the sporting clay throwers in the trailers they have set up and will wait and see what the river does this week.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:37:00 AM EDT
well, I imagine it's closed now
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:04:54 AM EDT
Any current info on the club?  Are they going to sandbag anythinig or is it a pray it doesn't flood type of deal?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:55:36 AM EDT
William didn't say anything about sandbagging.  I think they were going to secure what equipment they could and cross their fingers.
Top Top