Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2011 6:16:58 PM EDT
Coming up on June 17th, 18th, And the 19th. I call it the GREAT MN get together!

Cool cars, Old Music, Beautiful scantly clad ladies around.

I will be going on Friday, Are you going?

Is it Carry friendly?
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I like muscle cars, there are few before '64
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be there sunday.. for muscle cars you need to go to the casr craft summer nats in july
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there on Saturday.  The one problem with Car Craft is, they let anyone in.  If you have an annoyingly loud stereo in your ghetto blaster, your good to go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll be there on Saturday.  The one problem with Car Craft is, they let anyone in.  If you have an annoyingly loud stereo in your ghetto blaster, your good to go.

few and far between
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
my club will be there. about 25 of us. we camp there so ill be there from wednesday to sunday. we were the guest club for orilies the last thee years. we will be all over this year. look out for back window decals for FRANKENSTEINERS.. is my club.if u see a tall Italian the looks like a mexican say hi. my guys are hard to miss. we are loud, rude,but yet everyone loves us.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

few and far between

But they still let them in.  I like going to check out the muscle cars.  Not some idiot suburban wanna be gangster and his hoo ride.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

few and far between

But they still let them in.  I like going to check out the muscle cars.  Not some idiot suburban wanna be gangster and his hoo ride.
  Who cares if its muscle cars or older classics anyways?  It should be more about preserving the history, then worrying about which era is better.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I'm a hot rodder through and through. But I dig almost anything on wheels. From 70's muscle to a clean Delta 98 on Switches. I even love tuners and have built a few. Plenty of shows for everything in this state this one happens to be pre 64, I don't know why people get all hurt about the 50's not allowing Muscle in until the end of Sunday. But one can always go to Car Craft and see 9000 Novas and Darts..
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
my club will be there. about 25 of us. we camp there so ill be there from wednesday to sunday. we were the guest club for orilies the last thee years. we will be all over this year. look out for back window decals for FRANKENSTEINERS.. is my club.if u see a tall Italian the looks like a mexican say hi. my guys are hard to miss. we are loud, rude,but yet everyone loves us.

Sounds good, I'll keep a lookout for you guys.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
maybe sunday i will wear my new HTF arfcom shirt..
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been meaning to go every year since 1998. I've never made it yet. This year doesn't look much better for me, but we'll see.

ETA: I think I've seen a car with the Frankensteiners decal before... Can't recall where or when, but it rings a serious bell.

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Its really nice to see all the old cars still functioning and driving on the road ... but ... for Pete's sake, don't drive be driving 40mph in your car on HWY 36.

Everyone is going 60+ MPH, you need to be driving side streets if you plan to keep your RPMs that low.

I was coming back from customer on the east side and there was break down on the side of the road.
Because it was a classic car, everyone slows down to gawk and then 36 becomes slower the bicycle lane.

You would think it was a severed head laying in the road the way folks kept leaning over to get a look.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#13]
1) I will second the norseman, if you are on 35 in a 70mph zone, do something somewhere in the ballpark of 70. 50mph in a 70 is just going to get someone hurt.

2) Carry Friendly? It is held at the State Fairgrounds, right? I believe they are still posted illegally.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I carried there 2 years ago during the back to the 50's.... I don't remember seeing any signs say you couldn't.. I know they put them up for the fair I think
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Great stuff so far! I didn't get a chance to catch any local arfcommers. I think we should all wear "Blade 45" shirts for identification.

I will be back out there, tomorrow. So if anyone wants my number, Send me a PM and we'll meet up.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I carried there 2 years ago during the back to the 50's.... I don't remember seeing any signs say you couldn't.. I know they put them up for the fair I think

As I recall, they only maintain the signs during the State Fair.

For gunshows at the fairgrounds, I have not seen the signs up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top