Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2006 12:21:07 PM EDT
with all the military in the tidewater area is there anywhere that sells MRE's? i know there are a couple of mil surplus stores but anyone know what they carry?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in West Virginia, but I am only two miles from Virginia.

We sell these:

9217 SURE-PAK 12 MILITARY READY-TO-EAT MEALS

* DIRECT FROM U.S. GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR
   * 12 PER CASE
   * VARIOUS AND ASSORTED TYPES
   * INCLUDES ENTREE, DESSERT, BEVERAGE, CONDIMENTS, ETC.

They seem to be authentic and GI, but I do not sell the Katrina stuff marked "Not to be resold".

They are not cheap though.  I am not advertising, but if you absolutely can not find a supplier local and these "will do" they are drop shippable.  You would be up around like $75 a case of 12 though, so it would be better to get them local.

I remember seeing some in the EE here some time ago.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
with all the military in the tidewater area is there anywhere that sells MRE's? i know there are a couple of mil surplus stores but anyone know what they carry?

Little GI Joe's on North Military Hwy (Norfolk) had some cases of them last week. Little GI Joe's in Hampton (Mercury Blvd) probably has them too. I also think M&G Sales, a good old fashion surplus store on Granby St. might have them. Give them a call.  M&G is my favorite as it has all kinds of cools stuff tucked away in the corners. You can even find collectible stuff there. Prices are often better at M&G.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Zip
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am in West Virginia, but I am only two miles from Virginia.

We sell these:

9217 SURE-PAK 12 MILITARY READY-TO-EAT MEALS

* DIRECT FROM U.S. GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR
   * 12 PER CASE
   * VARIOUS AND ASSORTED TYPES
   * INCLUDES ENTREE, DESSERT, BEVERAGE, CONDIMENTS, ETC.

They seem to be authentic and GI, but I do not sell the Katrina stuff marked "Not to be resold".

They are not cheap though.  I am not advertising, but if you absolutely can not find a supplier local and these "will do" they are drop shippable.  You would be up around like $75 a case of 12 though, so it would be better to get them local.

I remember seeing some in the EE here some time ago.

Where in WV?  Local to Charles Town/ Harpers Ferry area, or farther south?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Little GI Joe's on North Military Hwy (Norfolk) had some cases of them last week. Little GI Joe's in Hampton (Mercury Blvd) probably has them too. I also think M&G Sales, a good old fashion surplus store on Granby St. might have them. Give them a call.  M&G is my favorite as it has all kinds of cools stuff tucked away in the corners. You can even find collectible stuff there. Prices are often better at M&G.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Zip
been by GI joes but never had the time to stop. may run over there Tuesday since i have it off. thanks thats the info i was looking for.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I am WAY south!  Bluefield, WV at the southernmost point of WV.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
You best bet is to order them off the internet.

www.majorsurplus.com always seems to have a supply and occasionally specials.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do you have a store in Bluefield?   What else do you sell?   I was just over there last weekend.  First time in several years.   Only about 1 hour from parent's house.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Uh, yep.  'dats south alright!  Definately NOT a lunchtime trip!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
well stopped it GI joes and damn i could spend some money in there. yeah he had MRE's but at 7.99 each i think i will just buy a case. gonna stop by sometime when i have a little more cash. could use some more BDU's so he will get some business from me.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#10]
What kind of price can you get if you order off the internet?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#11]
depends on where you find them. less than the $95 you would pay for a case by buying them at $7.99 each. if you just need 2 or 3 i guess that would be fine but i need at least 6-8 and that would pay for a case. you can buy just parts of the MRE like just the main course or acc. packets its all in what you want.
edit: 60-75 bucks seems to be the going price for "new" non-mil MRE's. eversafe or apack are just a couple.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#12]
try full metal jacket in alexandria if you're close. tell them you were referred by fmj2379 on arfkom and we'll cut you a deal.

ours are gov't issue, in the box, current dates. it's unbelievable what the military declares as surplus and deep sixes. as a tax payer i'm outraged. as a bidness owner i'm absolutely, dance-on-my-tippy-toes, giggle like a little schoolgirl, delighted!try 500 pairs of brand new, in the wrapper, nomex flight gloves for less than fifty cents a pair (this was bought at a drmo sale years ago). we turned around and sold them for $25/pr.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top