Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 1:47:46 PM EDT
The gathering at Granite Falls started with breakfast at the Timberline Cafe. CavVet and I had the Prime Rib & Eggs, Simple had the Spicy German Sausage Scamble, Armed Pilot wolfed down some Waffles, Gibby nursed a cup of coffee, PhilfromNewJersey had, ummmmmmm.....anyway, KA3B decided to order the Mini Pancakes....right in front of us.

We had the Pit to ourselves, which was a good thing because CavVet was regrading the Pit with his Ferret fitty cal. We all put on our Mini Pancake hearing protection. While Armed Pilot was showering me with .308 brass from his FAL mag fed Bushmaster AR-10s, Gibby was grubbing up one of my AR-15's and generally hitting what he was shooting at. Simple had an array of unsual antique firearms that had actual wooden stocks and his 9mm AR, which ran well with at least some of his magazines. KA3B let us all shoot his spanking new DSA FAL which was dialed in and doing some serious damage to whatever we pointed it at. Eventually, most weapons were Mini Pancake tested and approved for future Pit Stops.

Everybody fired the Ferret .50, several of us from the standing position, while everyone else fired from the Mini Pancake position. A problem with some of the Lake City ammo left CavVet about ten rounds short of finishing his regrade of the Pit's backstop.

After cleaning up our mess, we headed off to Razzal's for burgers and such when R-32 called and updated us on the WA HTF. Largely due to the TV coverage at the bar & grill, the conversation turned to talking about people getting eaten by bears, tigers and the sort.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
that camo rifle of yours was just a brass magnet
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that was some good coffee, except for when I left I was still hungry and thirsty.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The gathering at Granite Falls started with breakfast at the Timberline Cafe. CavVet and I had the Prime Rib & Eggs, Simple had the Spicy German Sausage Scamble, Armed Pilot wolfed down some Waffles, Gibby nursed a cup of coffee, PhilfromNewJersey had, ummmmmmm.....anyway, KA3B decided to order the Mini Pancakes....right in front of us.

We had the Pit to ourselves, which was a good thing because CavVet was regrading the Pit with his Ferret fitty cal. We alll put on our Mini Pancake hearing protection while Armed Pilot was showering me with .308 brass from his FAL mag fed Bushmaster AR-10s, while Gibby was grubbing up one of my AR-15's and generally hitting what he was shooting at. Simple had an array of unsual antique firearms that had actual wooden stocks and his 9mm AR, which ran well with at least some of his magazines. KA3B let us all shoot his spanking new DSA FAL which was dialed in and doing some serious damage to whatever we pointed it at. Eventually, most weapons were Mini Pancake tested and approved for future Pit Stops.

Everybody fired the Ferret .50, several of us from the standing position, while everyone else fired from the Mini Pancake position. A problem with some of the Lake City ammo left CavVet about ten rounds short of finishing his regrade of the Pit's backstop.

After cleaning up our mess, we headed off to Razzal's for burgers and such when R-32 called and updated us on the WA HTF. Largely due to the TV coverage at the bar & grill, the conversation turned to talking about people getting eaten by bears, tigers and the sort.

This detailed summary brought to you commercial free by..............

And the dremel tool was finished and off the clock in about 29 seconds.

Now I have to go back next week (or make time this week) and see if that solves everything. It damn sure looks like it will.

And Gibby, I think if you show up a little earlier than 45 minutes late , well after the time you announce, you wont be hungry or thirsty.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

And Gibby, I think if you show up a little earlier than 45 minutes late , well after the time you announce, you wont be hungry or thirsty.

Well damn it!  Now I'm just depressed!  Guess I'll just have to have some "mini pancakes" to make myself feel better!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
well the Ferret must have satisfied everybody with the short range
did you guys go w/o the scope
cant wait to see the squrrel thumper......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Scope was on and I think we all got smacked by it!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Hehe, CavVets .50 is FUN!!

What's louder than the report of CavVet's Ferret fifty cal going BOOM?

I'll give you a hint, it's the sound of CavVet's Ferret fifty cal going click.  

Mini-pancakes my ass!!

CavVet did some quick Army-based troubleshooting and found that his Oly lower was.....well....Anyways, he borrowed a set of files from me and within 10 minutes the Ferret was speaking.

Thanks CavVet, that was FUN!

Erex, I shot 4 rounds from CavVet's .50 standing up, Rambo Style.
I would have liked to try it without the scope.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Not me.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not me.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you know (Milhouse)USMC and Cav's AR-10
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Then you know (Milhouse)USMC and Cav's AR-10

Who could forget ol' millhouse and the ar-10...  messed him up pretty good

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Lets just say it came back and smacked my 9.00 walmart special sunglasses leaving a crack.  Thing kicks a good 4x harder than bobbity's ar50.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Lets just say it came back and smacked my 9.00 walmart special sunglasses leaving a crack.  Thing kicks a good 4x harder than bobbity's ar50.

Well you can always grab that local one in EE.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, let me just write a check!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Hay CavVet thanks for the help.
Now listed at UL-50

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
bcm.maz.org/archives/pancake%20bunny.jpg

Do it again, this time with mini-pancakes!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

We had the Pit to ourselves, which was a good thing because CavVet was regrading the Pit with his Ferret fitty cal. We all put on our Mini Pancake hearing protection. While Armed Pilot was showering me with .308 brass from his FAL mag fed Bushmaster AR-10s, Gibby was grubbing up one of my AR-15's and generally hitting what he was shooting at. Simple had an array of unsual antique firearms that had actual wooden stocks and his 9mm AR, which ran well with at least some of his magazines. KA3B let us all shoot his spanking new DSA FAL which was dialed in and doing some serious damage to whatever we pointed it at. Eventually, most weapons were Mini Pancake tested and approved for future Pit Stops.

What did Phil from New Jersey have? (asked by his jersey girlfriend)  Unless you are not talking about Phil_in_Seattle...  then I'm confused and you should completely ignore me.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What did Phil from New Jersey have? (asked by his jersey girlfriend)  Unless you are not talking about Phil_in_Seattle...  then I'm confused and you should completely ignore me.

Not sure, I seemed to have misplaced Sunday
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

He had a side of 60 year old waitress.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was the hippy lover who was mackin on the waitress.

IIRC Phil was a perfect .

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He told me and I just forgot....I was even sitting right next to him.  My poor brain......
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He told me and I just forgot....I was even sitting right next to him.  My poor brain......

But you can remember the names of waitresses across Western Washington with no problems....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you can remember the names of waitresses across Western Washington with no problems....

It's a gift.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
What did Phil from New Jersey have? (asked by his jersey girlfriend) Unless you are not talking about Phil_in_Seattle... then I'm confused and you should completely ignore me.

I didn't think he went for the older chicks...  I might've believed you if you said 18 year old...hy.gif
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I didn't think he went for the older chicks...  I might've believed you if you said 18 year old...

If he did then he would be moving into Da_Bunnys territory.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pork roll on a hard roll?
Pork roll on a bagel?
Scrapple?
Bagel & lox?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I was just asking because the way it was worded sounded....   dirty.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#29]
For the record I had country fried steak for breakfast.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I didn't think he went for the older chicks...  I might've believed you if you said 18 year old...

If he did then he would be moving into Da_Bunnys territory.  

Phil would definately love it around here....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
For the record I had country fried steak for breakfast.

BTW it was nice to meet you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top