Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
I was at the new K-5 arms the other day.  I saw a nice MP5 on the wall.  I want one so bad.  I assume the only reason its on the wall is for LEO?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Most likey for internest sales, or in CT I think you can have one with a classs 3?
That gun is beutifull, isnt it? Its sucks that JLD also makes the PTR-91KP in CT, but we canty buy one here, what BS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya it sucks.  They also had Colt and Bushy M4 LEO's on the wall.  However those had tags on them that were marked law enforcement sales only and it also had a date on it for some other reason for sales.  Not sure what that meant.  It is just a big tease to go to these gun shops in connecticut, and see the weapons that you cant own in this state.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Last I remember, that MP5 is transferable.  A few folks here would know better than I, though.

FWIW - K5 does a number of out of state sales (check out their gunbroker sales) and many of the ARs are legal outside CT.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  Im just saying its frustrating to not be able to own those specific models in this state but be able to see them on the shelf in a connecticut gun shop.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]

MP5's are good to go in CT (provided they were made prior to the 86 ban of course).

problem with CT is that you cannot have anything select fire.

-SAFE-SEMI-----------> OK
-SAFE-AUTO----------> OK
-SAFE-SEMI-AUTO---> NO-NO

so it would have to be converted to auto only (if it isn't already).

other than that, C3 is ok in CT.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top