Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/14/2005 8:12:05 PM EST
So in order to SBR an AR you have to at have least a C&R FFL correct? My question is do you need the C&R to just obtain a SBR or to own it also?( As in if I acquire a SBR while I have a C&R then let it lapse do I have to get rid of the rifle?)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:41:16 AM EST
Yes NFA in MO you need at least a C&R FFL..... That is my understanding at any rate...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:55:36 AM EST
You don't NEEED a C&R to get an SBR. You can have a FFL send in the paperwork for the SBR. All it is is a tax stamp. You pay the man $200 and its all yours. And no, you can still keep it if your C&R lapses. Unless of course the C&R allows you to get an SBR without the tax stamp. I would guess they would want their $200 then.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:32:42 AM EST
METALMAN, i hate to rain on your party, but i think your incorrect. you MUST HAVE A FFL in the state of MO to get a SBR or any class 3 stuff. you must also maintain the ffl as far as i know. paging Duke nukem. or CMMG or CBell.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:53:47 AM EST
hmmmmm......I hope thats not correct. All those companies selling SBR barrels and such. I always thought it was JUST the paperwork through an FFL and the $200 tax stamp....in fact....I was goping to get a KRINK from XCaliber, and Mike never said I 'couldn't' get it......maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:07:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 6:14:04 AM EST by cbell]
OK, to get an SBR in MO, you have to have some type of FFL and maintain it. This comes from Missouri State Law not the Federal Law. MO states that only "dealers and Mfg's" can have NFA, this is where the C&R gets you around this law. You must maintain your C&R otherwise you are in violation of the MO law. A form 1 built NFA (SBR or AOW) require that you have atleast a C&R as well, not just purchased weapons. MO allows only C2 and C3 dealers to have suppressors and Post 86 Dealer Sample MG's. Well that is the "short" version of the NFA laws in MO.

Metalman: The components to make a SBR, barrels. etc, are not regulated so anyone can purchase, they could be used on an AR pistol. The ATF's view is that if you have an AR and a seperate SBR upper it is what is called "Constructive Posession" which means that you "could "put it together and make an illegal SBR. The same goes with MG parts, even as small as a M16 carrier in an AR, in posession while you have an AR.
Top Top