Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2008 5:10:24 AM EDT
I am going to be moving back to the St Louis area. I looked briefly in the tacked threads to see how friendly MO is with regards to suppressors etc but didnt see much. Any help? Also curious about LR benchrest shooting in the area. We may end up in the Warrenton area after all is said and done. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#1]
MO's not bad.  We have concealed carry, SBR's, MG's and all the fun stuff with the exception of silencers.  NO cans in MO!  At least, for now.

I'm near K.C. so I can't answer your question about St. Louie.

MO's a great state though, lots to do and it's quite beautifull if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Benchrest is in Wright City.
Not far from Warrenton, you have to become a member to shoot there.
REALLY nice faculty.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to add, you have to hold an ffl (C&R will do) to own machineguns and SBRs in Missouri. There is a state concealed carry permit and Missouri recognizes most other  states' permits. No waiting periods, etc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Well everyone else covered it fairly well. To check out BRRC go to www.shootingstl.com I am a member and by taking the back roads from hiway 47 and I-70 it is only about 8 miles from there. Look me up when you get back and I will take you out there as a guest. BTW I live in Warrenton, well about 6 miles south in the county.

Max
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is a state concealed carry permit and Missouri recognizes most any other  states' permits. No waiting periods, etc.

Fixed it for 'ya.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quick point of order:  To have any Class 3 weapons in MO you have to be the holder of an FFL.  Most folks get a C&R to meet this requirement.  

I'm waiting with baited breath for the can thing to happen.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is a state concealed carry permit and Missouri recognizes most any other  states' permits. No waiting periods, etc.

Fixed it for 'ya.

Yeah, but you better be sure that your permit is still valid in your original state once you become a resident of another state.  That's the issue I ran into.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for 'ya.

Yeah, but you better be sure that your permit is still valid in your original state once you become a resident of another state.  That's the issue I ran into.

Not to hijack, but:  Cav, when did you move to KY?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Feb 1.  However I still own have a house back in MO in case I bail out on this.  I took a new job and bit off quite a bit, still deciding if i like the taste or not.  

I will share this story with you all of you, you can decide whether it's worth considering or not.  Maybe it will help you plan for the future if you ever move.  Kentucky, like Missouri, has a six month waiting residency requirement on getting a CCW.  I figure no problem, Kentucky honors Missouri's permit.  However in discussions with the Kentucky State Police's CCW unit they tell me that once I become a resident that my permit will no longer be honored as I am not a resident of Missouri.  Well, I am thinking that's ok, I will hold on to my driver's licenese and keep my residency in Missouri for awhile.  But alas, cannot get a Kentucky CCW until I start the six month clock on my residency.  How do you establish residency?  You get a Kentucky driver's license.  What happens when you get a Kentucky driver's license?  They take your Missouri license from you as you cannot have a valid ID in two states.  Also, Kentucky requires you to get a state license within 30 days of moving into the state and to register your vehicle within 60 days of becoming a resident.  Sure, I could make the arugement that I am not a resident, communting, whatever you want and keep the MO license and still claim to be a MO resident.  But whatever I do, I am still faced with that six month clock of the Kentucky residency requirement.

Now, I had gotten my CCW license on a state ID/non driver's license which I still have.  But at this point I am legally a Kentucky resident.  So I am sitting in a big fat gray area.  Does Missouri still consider my license valid?  Even if so, Kentucky tells me the permit will not be honored by them even though they have an agreement with Missouri to honor it because I am not a Missouri resident and Kentucky law supersedes in my situation.

This is why I advised the original OP to ensure that his original state's permit is still valid when he moves.  If it's not, then he's up a creek as no matter what Missouri law says the first litmus test that must be passed is to find out if his permit is still valid when he changes residency.  If it's not, he will be faced with the same situation that I am in.  Maintain your claim to residency back in your original state if he wants, but he is still delaying the six month residency requirement that Missouri has (for now).

Piece of advice to OP, get a Florida permit, and then when the six month residency requirement is met get a Missouri license.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Cav, none of this would have happened if you had a glock!!! They fix everything, dont you know. Sure miss you at TNT. Stop by and see us when you are back in town. If you decide to sell your house, let me know. My wife has a real estate company.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Cav, none of this would have happened if you had a glock!!! They fix everything, dont you know. Sure miss you at TNT. Stop by and see us when you are back in town. If you decide to sell your house, let me know. My wife has a real estate company.

If I owned a Glock it would have blown up or jammed and I would be in an even worse state.  I will keep that in mind about your wife.  If there is one thing I miss about MO, it's TNT!!  Tell all the guys I said hi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top