Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:47:58 AM EDT
So whos the gun friendly candidate running this go around, anyone?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:48:19 AM EDT
Steelman. No doubt about that. However I fear Nixon shall prevail, and that's going to be bad news for us.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:33:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavalry99:
Steelman. No doubt about that. However I fear Nixon shall prevail, and that's going to be bad news for us.

x2
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:35:18 PM EDT
Hulshof is pro-RKBA.

Nixon has a long way to go.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:27:50 PM EDT
Jay Nixon is a liberal, big time! I mourn losing Matt Blunt. He's the first decent Governor we've had in years.

One good thing is we've had some very productive years gun wise with Blunt, and got a lot accomplished. If Nixon plans on being a hard ass he's going to have to reverse a lot of decisions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:30:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavalry99:

Why? Just because she bought her son a gun for a photo op?

I'd say Hulshof is the more likely to stand firm on the RKBA. Steelman is pretty dingy . . .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:46:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 5:51:51 PM EDT by Cavalry99]
I should probably clarify Bladeswitcher........I have no problem with Hulshof, Steelman is my personal choice. Just as long as it's NOT Nixon!!! The only thing that I can say about Sarah is that she has a pretty solid voting record on 2A issues, while Hulshof has no state voting record at all to ascertain what he truly believes.

Steelman statement on Heller decision:
“I commend the United States Supreme Court for affirming one of the most important freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms,” Steelman said. “Americans should have the right to defend themselves against violent criminals and hunting and recreational shooting are part of the traditional Missouri values we hold dear. I will continue to do everything I can to de-fend our Constitution as Missouri’s next Governor.”

Hulshof statement on Heller decision:
"Today’s ruling is a victory for all who respect the Constitution and it is a defeat for those who seek to infringe upon Second Amendment rights. It is an affirmation that the Second Amendment is an individual right that belongs to all Americans."

“I was proud to join with my colleagues to argue for this common sense declaration that sends a clear message: Burdensome regulations are unlawful and an infringement upon a one of our nation’s most fundamental rights.”
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:23:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OneMoreMonk:
Hulshof is pro-RKBA.

Nixon has a long way to go.

This

BTW, Kenny is a friend of my Mom, so i am kind of biased.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:45:31 PM EDT
Anybody but Nixon. That guy is a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:59:33 PM EDT
Sarah was my next door neighbor growing up. She was HOT when she was younger!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:17:19 PM EDT
Steelman
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:39:06 PM EDT
Steelman has some issues in her past that Jay Nixon is more than slimy enough to exploit in the general election. Kenny Hulshoff is the electable Pro-RKBA candidate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:41:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By robertl:
Steelman has some issues in her past that Jay Nixon is more than slimy enough to exploit in the general election . . .

I've heard that she was very "sociable" while a member of the legislature . . . .
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:46:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kujoe:
Sarah was my next door neighbor growing up. She was HOT when she was younger!

Was? She's still pretty damn good looking IMO.

Also, to anyone that says she bought a gun for her son as a photo-op, actions speak louder than words. Her voting record is satisfactory IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:30:21 AM EDT

Steelman has some issues in her past that Jay Nixon is more than slimy enough to exploit in the general election. Kenny Hulshoff is the electable Pro-RKBA candidate.

Yep, and not from StL, as memory serves.

At some point we need to break the stranglehold that city and Springfield have on state politics.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:25:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Screechjet1:

Yep, and not from StL, as memory serves.

At some point we need to break the stranglehold that city and Springfield have on state politics.

I've met them both (Steelman and Hulshoff) and Hulshoff seems to be the more down to earth, approachable of the two. Of course, that's just my impression from a meet and greet and a handshake. I don't know either one of them, but I'd rather have one of my dogs for governor than Jay Nixon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:43:43 AM EDT

I've met them both (Steelman and Hulshoff) and Hulshoff seems to be the more down to earth, approachable of the two. Of course, that's just my impression from a meet and greet and a handshake. I don't know either one of them, but I'd rather have one of my dogs for governor than Jay Nixon.

I've been around both of them a couple of times . . . Kenny impresses me as a regular guy, though pretty sharp. Steelman impresses me as a dingbat.
Top Top