Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:14:06 PM EDT
Unknown to the authorities, a two man recon team infiltrated Kansas Speedway last Saturday.  Stand by for spy photos!

Operatives Duke Nukem and Nascar3and8fan are in position.

The cars line up.  What's this I see in front?

The '05 Mustang pace car is the first one I've seen in real life.  Looks promising IMHO.

And they're off!  Racing is much like hockey, shooting, and sex, much better in real life than on TV.

Gratuitous NASCAR-white-trash-chicky-snack.  Both operatives are happily married, so we could look but not bark at her.

Local hero (and my personal favorite) Carl Edwards comes in to the pits.  He's from Columbia and won the Craftsman Truck race last year with a badly damaged, unsponsored truck.  He drove both races this weekend and was very competent, mixing it up with the big boys and holding his own very well.  Hopefully will have better sponsorship soon, because if a vehicle has wheels he can drive it like he stole it.

Yeeehawww!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a successful mission.

Stay away from the white trash chicky snacks - they might kick your city boy behind.

Okay, Nascar3and8fan, how did your court date turn out?

BTW, Mike, the wife and kids think the Kalishnakitties are uber-cute.  And no, we don't want one or more, we've got plenty.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks like a successful mission.

Stay away from the white trash chicky snacks - they might kick your city boy behind.

Photo was taken surreptitiously during a high speed pass.  Recon team avoided contact and was not compromised (in any way! hehe).

Quoted:
BTW, Mike, the wife and kids think the Kalishnakitties are uber-cute.  And no, we don't want one or more, we've got plenty.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=284203

Digicams are fun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I WAS ALLLLMOST THERE MYSELF!!! Boss gots some tickets and asked me to go..but nooooo i had to go visit the woman! crap. Loks like you guys had a hoot!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you go to Cabela's and eat at the BBQ place (forgot name)? You have to do that!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
very cool, but how did you get the  justinnite passed the security? ughh but way to many people. even thought i do like the red neck chicky snack.  to many people.
Ronald
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you go to Cabela's and eat at the BBQ place (forgot name[Famous Dave's])? You have to do that!

I live about 5 miles due south of the speedway.  The wife and I tried this place a month or two ago.  Not impresssed.  THere are MUCH better BBQ places in town if what you want is really good BBQ.  If you like elbowing with tourists, Famous Dave's is your place!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you go to Cabela's and eat at the BBQ place (forgot name[Famous Dave's])? You have to do that!

I live about 5 miles due south of the speedway.  The wife and I tried this place a month or two ago.  Not impresssed.  THere are MUCH better BBQ places in town if what you want is really good BBQ.  If you like elbowing with tourists, Famous Dave's is your place!

I still like Gate's best.  

HI MAY I HELP YOU?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn, who is that stud on the right?  

Quoted:
Okay, Nascar3and8fan, how did your court date turn out?

We're getting a continuance.
I will definitely give an update to everyone when it's all ironed out.  I will say at this point, there is reason for optimism.

I figured that I would leave the Justinite at home for this occasion.

I'd like to thank Duke once again for taking me to the race, I had a blast.  Unfortunately, throughout the race, I kept losing the drivers that I was cheering for and had to resort to cheering against any and all Hendricks cars.  (That's where the Justinite would have come in handy)

Justin
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Did you go to Cabela's

Off topic.
But I was there yesterday, and in amongst my things were a case of .223 Wolf, and a case of 7.62.
Both of them scanned as 500 round "cases".
The 1000 rounds of .223 was 59.99.
I'm not saying that it is "still" scanning that way, but i don't imagine that it got corrected overnight.
ahem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top