Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 8:08:40 PM EDT
Sorry I didn't get these posted sooner, I've been very busy, plus I'm embarrassed of my scores...

For those that were not present, this was the pre-Halloween shoot, so things were a bit wackier and the scoring was much more relaxed.

But don't worry, next shoot we'll try to get a bit more 'serious' again, at least until Duke-nukem and his friends show up.

BTW, only one person, GaryM, showed up in a costume, (sorry Shamusmcoi, a crown doesn't count as a complete costume!) so he is the only one to get the -10sec bonus.  Not that he needs it...

*note, these COF were modified a bit on the spot to adjust for the range conditions (wind), so they are not exactly as you may remember them.

COF 1, "Night of the Imbroglio"

This one was a Zombie shoot, so head shots were the only shots that counted as kills.  One shot was sufficient.  Misses were a +5sec penalty, and the ONE no-shoot target represented a wife/girlfriend/significant other, so hitting it was a +20sec penalty.  The goal was to get from your house to the car (nice job on the car Shamus)

The scores...

Shooter    Base Miss No-shoot Adjust Total

GaryM      0.51   0      0      -10   0.41
Cutter75   1.07   2      1      +30   1.37  
Pitsnipe   0.48   0      0       0    0.48
Curt D.    0.48   1      0      +5    0.53
HKocher    1.24   1      0      +5    1.29
(fast is slow, slow is fast, right??? oh well.)
Metalman   0.54   1      0      +5    0.59
Mousegun87 1.09   0      0       0    1.09
CMMG       0.34   1      0      +5    0.39
Shamusmcoi 1.07   0      0       0    1.07
Justin     1.23   2      0      +10   1.33
Howlin     0.53   0      0       0    0.53
SuiHuangDi 0.53   1      0      +5    0.58
ShakyJake  0.51   9      0      +45   1.36
(FWIW, he didn't have the Eotech turned on..)
MP906      0.39   3      0      +15   0.54
Miranthis  0.57   5      0      +25   1.22

Jeff from CMMG wins!
GaryM slips into 2nd with his costume bonus followed by Pitsnipe in 3rd!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
COF 2, the "Haunted Kill-House"

This was basically a free for all, so there was no scoring, only base time, but here are the results anyway...

HKocher        1.04
Cutter75       0.49
Metalman       0.47
Shi-Huang-Di   0.25
Miranthis      0.19
Mousegun87     0.33
GaryM          0.14-10(costume)=0.04!
Howlin         0.21
Curt           0.26
MP906          0.20
Shamusmcoi     0.22
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, sorry the scoring is hard to read, it reformatted the text when I hit 'submit.'

Anyway, thanks to all for coming out.  I hope you all had fun.  I hope that no one was disappointed by the silly Halloween theme, but I wanted to mix things up a bit.  Don't worry, the next shoot will be more on track with the first two shoots.

I think the safety changes were a big highlight of the shoot.  I think we are on the right track with those changes, but we must stay ever vigilant.

It was great to see many of the same old faces (glad MP906 could make it), and even better to meet some of the first-timers: Metalman, Shi-Huang-Di, Miranthis and Kurt.  For those who could not make it, we missed you.

Thanks for all the helped out with the funds, and thanks to all who helped setup and RO.  A big thanks to diabolical_chicken and ShakyJake for the food!

As always, a huge thanks to Jeff of CMMG for coming out and bringing the good toys.  Sorry you had to put them away early.  Thanks for the donations and give-aways.  A big plug here for Jeff at CMMG: If you need anything, consider him.  He's got good stuff, fair prices and he's an all around nice guy.  I haven't met his bro yet, but I figure he's not bad himself.  

Sorry if I'm missing anyone.

Almost forgot!!!  Thanks to Metalman for bringing the metal plates.  I had a friggen' great time plinking away from 50yds with the USPs.  I usually don't have much fun shooting handguns, but with that nice reassuring 'ping' it makes it a blast!  We'll have to make use of your talents in the future for some interesting targets, if you don't mind.

All in all it was a good time, even with the not-so-friendly conservation officer.  Who, knows, perhaps the next time we meet, we will have a better location.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Shamus made a car and nobody took pics?  DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Note to self:

"Next time, bring a gun that will shoot 100% at a time"  

(my Imbel-Izzy FAL had 5 misfires in the middle of running the COF, good for practice clearing jammed weapon etc., but not good considering you have a dozen zombies coming at you).

But I still had a lot of fun nonetheless ... except for not being able to shoot the P90 ... snif... snif ... the Cons. Agent said no more full auto ... snif ...
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hkocher,

The info is really great.  Thanks for putting this all together.  The COF was really a good time and the “Halloween” theme was a cool angle.

I was looking at Florida’s shoot on their hometown forum, and they have a similar set up in the pics posted.  We might share our layouts with them?  

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Shi_Huang_Di,

Thanks, but I couldn't do it without you all.  It's only with everyone's combined effort that MODCC is possible.

Yeah, I copied most of the ideas (with their advice and guidance) from the FDCC guys.  They've been doing their shoots for 3 years, so they are a bit ahead of us in the game.  I learn a lot from them, and hopefully they can learn a thing or two from us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top