Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/24/2004 10:16:07 AM EST
Okay, i have to ask this even tho its probably gonna sound stupid What exactly is MODCC? I have tried going to the site but it doesnt appear to be up and running right now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:46:58 PM EST
MODCC is the Missouri Defensive Carbine Club, an outshoot of a gathering of shooters from mid Missouri that started getting together at Finger Lakes Conservation Area near Columbia about 4 or 5 years ago.

The club part is pretty informal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:17:07 PM EST
suprised i havent seen more of the folks from the shoot at finger lakes, thats where i go shoot at almost every weekend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:11:48 AM EST
Most of the people who participate in MODCC shoot are not from Columbia area, so most of them do not use Finger Lake for their shooting needs. I usually go to Finger Lake at least once a week, but this year is an exception after dissertation, defense, new job, buying a house, and moving ...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:18:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 5:21:07 AM EST by GaryM]
MoDCC is mainly based out of arfcom. There is a website and CMMG has more info on their homepage but that stuff is rarely (has it ever?) updated. For the best/latest info just check here on the arfcom missouri hometown page. If you have any questions there will always be someone with an answer here.
We should be having a shoot next weekend (Oct 2nd) which begs the question I will have to post in a new topic....

Check this out for a bit more info...

www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/Shoot_info_tbl.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:26:24 AM EST
Check out the pics from the September 18th shoot. The weather did not stop a safe day of shooting. The shoots are free, but donations are accepted. The shoots consist of a coarse of fire, a few for fun team shoots, if distance allows reactive target shooting, some loud "booms", awesome weapon rentals and open shooting.

The shoot are like AeroE said, they are pretty informal. Competition and CQB training is a long second to safety and just having fun. There are no "prizes" and everyone safely guns and runs the COF with the attitude that "next time I will be better".

Some of the “old timers” can give you more details about MODCC. You can also contact the sponsor CMMG and they will answer any questions also.

I run the COF with a CETME or a FAL and Gary uses a M1 Garand! There are many different levels from people who just like to shoot to professionals. The down side to just a pistol is the number of targets, but if you have the mags you can run. Hope it helps answer some questions, the most important items at the shoot is safety and fun.
Top Top