Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 7:31:48 PM EDT
Today, we took the dog with us out to the land in Cumberland to do some more work on the range and do some shooting.  At some point after lunch, she managed to get loose from her collar (which had all her ID info) and run off.  After hours of searching we turned up nothing.  I took the kids back to the house, while my friend continued to look for her, and went back out to try and find her.  After combing the area, a good portion of the state forest there, darkness put an end to my search.  We're going out again tomorrow to try to find her.

We lost her on a plot of land on Jenkins Church Road, adjacent to the state forest there, so if anyone is around those parts, please get in touch with me.

She's a 4-5 year old (adopted from the pound so not sure of the exact age) red (brownish) doberman.  Her ears aren't cropped, so she looks like a really small doe.  She's wearing a red flea collar and answers to the name of Phoenix.

If any of you guys/gals come across her, please hold onto her and let me know, as she's not a hunting dog at all, but part of the family, and the kids (not to mention myself and the wife) really miss her.

Can someone help me out with putting a picture up?  I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, everyone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeez man, that sucks.  Best of luck with her, I mean it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Much appreciated Tim.  Well, still no luck as of so far today.  I'm probably gonna go out there again before dark tonite, just to take another look-see.

At this point, I have a bad feeling that she has either been taken in by someone (at least she would be ok) or, and I hate to even think it, shot.

Can someone post a pic for me?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Pic:

[took down pic cause you found her]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Take pictures of her to all the veternarians in the area and let them know she's out there.

Hopefully, if someone does pick her up they will take her into a vet for a check up.

Really hope you get your baby back man.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I know this is the same post I put on the other thread, but too damn bad

We found her this afternoon.  Went back out there and she was on the front porch of a house not too far from the property we were on.  She is A-Ok, and none the worse for the wear.  Most importantly, she's back home.  There are some relieved kids (and us too) in this house.

The people who found her, I had talked to about her the day before, so they kept her fed and happy.  I don't think they weren't expecting me to come back for her, as a lot of people abandon dogs, especially at the end of hunting season, around that area.

So, our dog is home, I found someone to do some deer hunting with, and our dog is home.

Nice to know there are still some decent folks left out there.  Speaking of decent folks, thanks to everyone here who offered to help.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Great news! I'm really happy for you and was hoping it would all turn out well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
AWSOME!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Brad - glad to hear you found your pup.  I live in Powhatan and kept my eyes open as I drove through Cumberland this weekend (I think they total around 25,000 acres, though?).  Good to hear from someone else out here.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Appreciate you looking for her.  I live in Richmond, but am out in Cumberland and Powhatan pretty frequently, so maybe our pathes will cross out there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#10]
AWESOME!

Now, tighten the collar and get her microchipped!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#11]
A new collar and either tattoo or chip  are in the near future.  Also, I'm going to have her ID info on both her collar and flea collar.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top