Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:24:25 AM EDT
My brother lives in MD Montgomery County.  I was planning on giving him a AK for a wedding present but he isn't sure of the gun laws specifically AWB.  I ask this because I live in the Chicago area and it's really stupid here.  Some towns yes others no.  Lucky I still can have evil black rifles.

I was hoping someone from the MD forum could give me good info.  If I can't give him an AK I might have to get him that comforter instead

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You can give it to him.  But you need to go through an FFL in Maryland and he gets to wait a week and a day for our State Police to do their thing.

But it's do able ther are plunty of AK's floating around the state.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
You mean ship to a Maryland FFL dealer and he signs the form 1 and pays the FFL fee whatever they charge?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You mean ship to a Maryland FFL dealer and he signs the form 1 and pays the FFL fee whatever they charge?

Yes in a nut shell.  He fills out the little yellow form and some paper work for our State Police.  Our state police also does a background check that has an eight day waiting period.  

As long as it's not an AK pistole you should be good to go.

If it's an NFA weapon then he also has to do the ATF thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
In addition, you can't transfer mags with over 20-round capacity to MD.  Your brother will either have to settle for goofy-looking 20-round mags or drive to Virginia for the good-looking stuff.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow I thought I had it bad here in IL.  I guess he and I need to move back to PA.

Thanks for the info.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow I thought I had it bad here in IL.  I guess he and I need to move back to PA.

Thanks for the info.  

It's not as bad as that but it could be.  We are Class 3 friendly and if your clean then you can get a sign off from the MSP.  The only big thing is some pistole are a no, no and the travel out of state to get anything over 20 rounds and bring them back.

He'll just have to settle for the 20's.  He can pick up all the higher caps when he comes to visit you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow I thought I had it bad here in IL.  

Umm we don't need a FOID to buy guns or ammo....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow I thought I had it bad here in IL.  

Umm we don't need a FOID to buy guns or ammo....

Or BB guns...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#9]
You could just give him the money so that he could buy the AK here.......
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
That FOID card is the most retarded thing ever.  I'm just jealous of IN.  They get all the cool stuff and it's next door.  WI is much better too but no CCW.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top