Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 7:31:20 PM EDT
Looking at some possible jobs, and there were a few listed in DE. & MD

Unfortunately, I don't have much idea of the gun laws there...can anyone give me the Cliff's Notes version?

Ditto for MD--I know that it is somewhat restrictive, but not sure how much.  

Also looking for NFA (Machine Guns, etc.) info--I know MD allows, and (last time I looked) was actually fairly easy to get CLEO signoff.  

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
tag.

Job interview in a few weeks there.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Maryland gun laws are better than say Cali.  There is a 8 day waiting period and a saftey video that you need to watch to purchase a pistol and any regulated firearms (there is a list).  Long guns are NICS cash and carry.  

All pistol sold new in MD need a fires shell casing to be sent of to the State Police.

Maryland is class 3 friendly.

No shall issue CCW (yet we are working on it).  If you kiss the right ass you may get a permit to carry.

If there is a pistol that is not on the approved list and you want it then buy it before you come to MD.

There is more but I'm a bit tired and at work now.  Forest or some one else will be along shortly to add and or correct some of what I said.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
bblake got it right (as usual).  One note on the safety video if you are current LEO, or military (Guard/Reserves included) or have a DD214 you don't need to go through that BS.

Another note on MG's in MD - they have to be reregistered annually and don't be so much as a day late with the renewal.

Best option is to live in PA and commute if possible.

As to DE, they are better than MD on the regular stuff (I don't know about the NFA rules in DE), and it's possible to get a CCW there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
come to Va you can have anything your heart desires.(within reason that is)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]
DE is not too bad.  Currently May issue for CCW, although I think that will change to SHALL this year.  Still a bunch of flaming hoops to jump through.  But possible.

Purchase is a simple 5 Min FBI / Sate Police background check, and you walk out.  Anything 'off the shelf' is good to go.  No Class 3 full auto or suppressors.  Background check, not required for gun show private party.

If your looking into Northern DE, I can help you out with some more generic real estate guidance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top