Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/9/2003 5:59:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/9/2003 2:29:32 PM EDT by bolt]
Any return I ever hope to get on my $ except in the lotto. Bless Gov.Romney(R) raising the "application fee" to 100.00 as of 7/03. Back before 99' they cost 2.00 and were good "INDEFINITELY". In 99' w/the NEW Firearms legislation , f.i.d's cost 25.00/4yrs. Now to help pull the state out of its fiscal crisis the Gov. I voted for stick's it to us MA GunOwners to both pay more and this put's a damper on any NEW interest in Firearms sporting activites by those that this "fee" would help pay for food, college fee's, healthcare, etc with. I can't wait to MOVE, and it will not be to CA,NJ,CT,DE,RI,MD,NYC,--->AND THE LIST KEEPS GROWING!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:34:21 AM EDT
Yes this increase was snuck in via the budget,
(I am willing to bet a certain senator Jaques
was behind it too for that matter,)
and applies to FID and LTC (A,B etc).
Made my frigging day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:07:28 PM EDT
This definately sucks, when you add in your home state background check, you're looking at $12 per month!

Is this legal???

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2003 9:01:53 PM EDT by Emoto]

Originally Posted By rag:
This definately sucks, when you add in your home state background check, you're looking at $12 per month!

Is this legal???

It is when the courts are rotten and the AG has essentially unlimited funds to fight any lawsuits.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:55:07 PM EDT
State's dragging its heels processing renewals as well. Local PD says they're currently seeing ~9-10 week turnaround getting back processed FID renewals they've submitted.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:27:39 PM EDT
This may be a conciliation for you all down south; I just received this today from GOAL.

News from Gun Owners’ Action League

As you know, the Commonwealth recently increased the fees for firearms licenses and cards.

The License To Carry A Firearm now costs $100
The FID Card costs $100.
Even the card to carry mace or pepper spray costs $100 for the first issue!
Two weeks ago, GOAL urged you to contact your legislators about this important issue, and you have been doing just that. Several legislators have reported to us that they have been receiving lots of calls and letters. If you are one of the many members who took the time to do this important task, thank you!

Now you have an additional reason to call your legislators!

Senator Stephen Brewer has just filed "An Act Providing for Better Management for the Issuance of Firearms Licenses."

This bill would make FID Cards and Licenses to Carry "valid until revoked or suspended." The language allows for the licensing authority to check the background of a license or card holder at any time, but not at any cost to the law abiding gun owner.

Please call or write your representative and senator to ask them to co-sponsor this legislation. You can explain you are following through on your complaint about the fees and suggest that here is a way to fix the problem.

Note there is no bill number yet, as it has just been filed. Remember to be polite, yet persistent, when registering your outrage over the fees and your request for them to co-sponsor this new bill.

Keep the pressure on your legislators!

We would also appreciate it if you could take the time to contact Senator Brewer to say "thank you." You may write him at State House Room 216, Boston, MA 02133; email him at Sbrewer@senate.state.ma.us or call him at 617-722-1540.

Your calls have made legislators aware of the problem, and generated a solution. Now it is time to push for that solution to be implemented.

STAFF, Gun Owners' Action League
staff@goal.org
508-393-5333

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:58:18 PM EDT
Thanks for the info SDavid, I recieve the news letter also, I know I'll make the call and drop my rep a postcard!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:52:54 PM EDT
The first page article in a recent issue caught my eye, where they mentioned Taunton, Ma. not having money to issue renewals, leaving people with expiring permits nowhere to renew them. Hope that got resolved.

Top Top