Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 1:52:40 AM EDT
Kpel308
Did a search for you, and found this...
SARCO Inc - advertises in the SHOTGUN NEWS...

www.sarcoinc.com/new40.html

Prices range from $85 - $110 each...

Here's another place, but I only saw (2) walnut stocks available - $45 each...

home.att.net/~ra-carbines/parts3.html

Fulton Armory on the Industry page also has stocks - $69 buttstock $129 buttstock w/ handguard...

Mosuegun - Ken needs (6) walnut buttstocks to refurb some garands to use with a parade/flag team - if I understood him correctly. Do you anywhere else he might source walnut stocks???

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
For surplus stock try CMP parts section

www.odcmp.org

www.garandguy.com

www.billricca.com

www.m1garandrifle.com (Orion7)

If you must get a brand new looking stock, but not necessarily USGI issue, consider the stock from Boyd Stock (www.boydboys.com)

Midway USA, Brownells and some of the places above also offer Boyd stock for Garand.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm actually looking for 7 M-14 stocks.  And I mean M-14, select fire.  These are military issue weapons, but came with BROWN PLASTIC stocks for an HONOR GUARD, for Pete's sake!  I know of a fellow named Fred who does M-14 stocks, but don't know his URL.

I have taken it upon myself to get these guys some stocks, as it is a damned disgrace for a ceremonial team.  And get this:  For the dedication of the Woodson Terrace Veterans Memorial on Saturday, with One Term Bob present, these guys didn't even have a bugler to play taps.  All it would have had to have been is to have someone in uniform, as they had one of those electronic bugle playing devices, but they had to have ME do it, and I don't even have a uniform anymore.

Well, leave it for a Marine to have to square away an Air Guard detail...  More coming as situations warrant.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Kpel

here you go:

www.fredsm14stocks.com/

What do you plan to do with the plastic stock?  I have a NM M1A with a big and heavy NM stock.  I would like to have a lighter stock when not shooting for score.

oz

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried Brownells?

If you have a C&R you can get dealer pricing on their stuff... could be cheap....

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The plastic stocks MUST remain at the MOANG armory, to be attached back onto the weapons.  US GOVT PROPERTY, you see.

I do not yet have a C&R, though I know guys who do.  

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm actually looking for 7 M-14 stocks.  And I mean M-14, select fire.  These are military issue weapons, but came with BROWN PLASTIC stocks for an HONOR GUARD, for Pete's sake!  I know of a fellow named Fred who does M-14 stocks, but don't know his URL.

I have taken it upon myself to get these guys some stocks, as it is a damned disgrace for a ceremonial team.  And get this:  For the dedication of the Woodson Terrace Veterans Memorial on Saturday, with One Term Bob present, these guys didn't even have a bugler to play taps.  All it would have had to have been is to have someone in uniform, as they had one of those electronic bugle playing devices, but they had to have ME do it, and I don't even have a uniform anymore.

Well, leave it for a Marine to have to square away an Air Guard detail...  More coming as situations warrant.

Have you tried contacting the reserve center on goodfellow for a bugler? Or maybe down at jefferson barracks. My old unit did the dedication for the florissant memorial but of course my old unit has been deactivated years ago. We were out of CMPSC in granite city but that place is no longer. You might even want to contact the public relations section of Ft. Leonardwood, they might be able to help you with a bugler even on short notice. I have my old dress greens but I know nothing about bugles and I don't know what condition those old greens are in anyway.
Damn, I hate to see you without an appropriate honor guard. Good luck and let me know if I can help.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not MY Honor Guard, Gary.  The Senior Master Sergeant in charge of it is doing the best he can, but they have another event in 2 weeks.  I just think it's a disgrace, the military leaving these guys with CRAP to "honor" our fallen and our vets.

I sure as hell hope the Marine Corps is NOT doing things this way, but I'll be damned if I'll allow this to be done again, even by the Air Farce Guard, ()if it is in my power to make it better.

That being said, the rendition of "Taps" put out by the device is quite good, but SHEESH!  When HONOR goes out of the budget, it goes out of the men.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top