Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2010 6:19:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I would call an alteration shop, they might be of some help?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I took my Samsonite (which has since been replaced) to my local Samsonite store.

They shipped it back to the repair place and then back to my door for free.

You may want to look into that option.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
There used to be a Landmark Luggage in Brookfield Square that I would recommend...

However, they have closed.

Searching the Internet reveals they have one location left in the area in Mequon.

The same search revealed –– in the comments of a story about the Brookfield closing –– there is another choice.

By description alone, combined with being a self-proclaimed cheap son-of-a-bitch, it sounds like this other place may be worth checking out, though I could find no website.

And that completes your complimentary hawzwood.com online query service for today.  

Landmark Luggage

East Towne Square

1515 W. Mequon Rd. #112N

Mequon, WI 53092

Phone: 262-241-5211

Fax: 262-241-8125

Email:
[email protected]

Manager: James Larsen

OR:

Traveling Bags Luggage Repair

Sales, Accessories and Gifts

3314 W Loomis Road, 94/894/Exit 8A Loomis Rd, next to Pizza Hut-between 27th/Howard, Milwaukee, WI 53221

<nobr>(414) 817-0222</nobr>

<nobr>(262) 880-0123</nobr>  style=

[span][email protected]
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dumb question time...

Delta finally managed to mangle one of the zippers on my favorite piece of luggage.  Being that I am a cheap son of a bitch, rather than go out and buy another $150 piece of luggage, I would rather have this one fixed.

What kind of business would repair/replace a zipper on this piece?  Would any tailor shop take care of this?  How about a cobbler?

I went to Samsonite's website and they only have 6 authorized zipper repair facilities in the country, none of which are close.

Help a brother out.

there is a cobbler in Berlin next to the cop shop on the square, who does all kind of sewing repairs.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Re: Landmark Luggage in Mequon

I live in the neighborhood and was, in fact, just there the other day to scope out a replacement for my own travel set.  They are nice guys and I would not hesitate to deal with them.  Having said that, when looking for a replacement they REALLY stressed the warranty on the new luggage.  As the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and the warranty on damage seems to fit into this category.  I use Travelpro, which is a not-too-shabby company.  They did not give it glowing remarks as the cost to fix my zipper (which is toast) will not be covered since it is normal wear-and-tear.  

Depending on the size of the piece, $150 is not going to get you too far.  I was looking at computer bags that cost more than that...but...were guaranteed for LIFE!

The moral of the story?  

You may want to fork over the cash for something to get you through the long haul. (Briggs and Riley was pushed heavily.  Quote for their website: "If your Briggs & Riley bag is ever broken or damaged, even if it was caused by an airline, we will repair it free of charge. Simple as that!". )

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I think there is a Samsonite store in the Jhonson's Creek outlet malls
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Get it to Flamethrower he can fix anything...
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get it to Flamethrower he can fix anything...

If nothing else, he'll make you a new welded suitcase out of steel.  It could fall out of the plane and survive impact.

Though you might want to make sure you have enough cash on hand for the excess baggage fees.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top