Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2021 5:24:11 PM EDT
Moving to Key West Q1 2022, any gun ranges in the lower Keys?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Two small indoor ranges, one on Big Coppitt, one in Big Pine; small meaning 4 or 5 lanes and 25’ in length. For an outdoor range you’ll have to go up to Key Largo (Membership required), Homestead Training Center, or take your boat out past 3 miles ocean side and 5 miles Bay side. Where are  you moving from?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two small indoor ranges, one on Big Coppitt, one in Big Pine; small meaning 4 or 5 lanes and 25’ in length. For an outdoor range you’ll have to go up to Key Largo (Membership required), Homestead Training Center, or take your boat out past 3 miles ocean side and 5 miles Bay side. Where are  you moving from?
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Probably sell most long guns and keep a couple safe queens.  Moving from College Station, TX area.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What you have to sell, might be something I can use down here. I'm in big pine key, but work in key west.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.  Probably sell most long guns and keep a couple safe queens.  Moving from College Station, TX area.
View Quote

Anytime. Welcome to Monroe County, and the best state in the union. If you go shooting from your boat, double check my miles to make sure. I’ve never had an issue but I just make sure there’s nobody anywhere around, we usually partake on swordfish trips.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Really looking forward to salt water fishing, mostly surf, novice here.  Also, getting my scuba gear out of the closet and getting wet again + during lobster season...
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Really looking forward to salt water fishing, mostly surf, novice here.  Also, getting my scuba gear out of the closet and getting wet again + during lobster season...
View Quote

I’ve been here for just over a month. I really wanna try surf or bridge fishing. However I have literally no idea what I’m doing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Fishing is crazy good in the keys.  Especially if you have access to a boat.  7 mile bridge always has a bunch of anglers on it.  I am hoping to be moving to that area this time next year.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fishing is crazy good in the keys.  Especially if you have access to a boat.  7 mile bridge always has a bunch of anglers on it.  I am hoping to be moving to that area this time next year.
View Quote

Shoulda seen it before the TDC brought droves of googans and every asshat with the best electronics, top it off with the internet telling people every FAD or wreck that were always a secret or word of mouth between locals. Then add in all the bridge fishing from the miami weekend crowd keeping ever damn thing from 8” Yellowtail and Mutton to parrot fish, watch your fishery disappear.

The last time fishing was really good was when we closed the road last year during rona and the wrecks and reefs had time to regenerate and the bridges had zero pressure, that was good fishing. Go to a marina now and see the peg board full of just legal YT and a few shaker dolphin, you’ll see how bad a shape our fisheries are here.

Sorry if I poo pooed on your party but believe me, the fishing sucks compared to what it used to be 5 years ago.

Feel free to ask if want some insight on places to buy, better get on it though because we’re running out of building permits and the price of land and houses ain’t gonna go anywhere but up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top