Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 9:34:20 AM EDT
Looking for a low cost no hassle FFL for a pistol transfer preferrably in SE / Milwaukee / OR City area.

TIA
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Goto "A Cut Above Pawn" in Beaverton, ask for DAVE.

He will give you no problems and charge $20.

I have x-fered atleast 10 guns through him, all with zero problems and ZERO hassle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out 99 pawn on McLaughlin about 1/4 mile south of the Bomber. They advertised this service. Never used them but have looked at his used guns...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looking for a low cost no hassle FFL for a pistol transfer preferrably in SE / Milwaukee / OR City area.

TIA

Why the emphasis on pistol?  Any FFL that can transfer long guns can transfer pistols.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have x-fered atleast 10 guns through him, all with zero problems and ZERO hassle.

+1 - the best deal in town.  $10 for him and $10 for the state.  Great guy to deal with.  

Not in OR City, but just hop on I-205 -> I-5 -> 217 and you are there.

Does he charge $20 for shipping them out?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Check out 99 pawn on McLaughlin about 1/4 mile south of the Bomber. They advertised this service. Never used them but have looked at his used guns...

I transfer my AK through them... i had some Hassle myself.. i would not transfer with them agian.. main problem i encounterd was the Seller misplaced the tracking number... so about 2 weeks go by they know the rifle is comming/pictures/contact info twice fold... so finnally i get a bit on the worryed/pissed side e-mail the seller and he tears up the place and finds the tracking  number to find out it was deleverd a week ago... i go over with all the info in hand and ask for it they tell me its not there... i tell them yes it is blah blah blah.. and their like what?? really?? go back into the back room and dig around for 5 minutes and find it..

besides that the guy who did the transfer was cool but some of the people i dident excatly appresate the look of.. bad vibes and all...

so now i have a co-worker i transfer through.. i may have to drive out the colten to pick up my rifle but at least i know i can trust the guy, and hes not over priced...

Jess

Moral of the story.. dont go to a place just becuse its cheap.. go to someplace that comes in high reguards and is cheap...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1 for Dave, I've done 3 guns with him and he has a great attitude and appreciates the business.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've used these guys in the past for transfers, it's been almost 2 years since I've used them. If I remember correctly they charged $15 for the transfer, call to verify cost though, it may have gone up since I last used them. I've done about 15 transfers with them, my gun club does my transfers now.

Good luck
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Why the emphasis on pistol?  Any FFL that can transfer long guns can transfer pistols.

Some don't do pistolas - esp the chains. I slipped one in on GI Joes once - they shat a brick when they fingered it out, let me know WE would not be doing anymore transfers of any kind.

In all fairness - yes I knew what their policy was in advance, and yes I took FULL advantage.

Thanks for skinny
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 - the best deal in town.  $10 for him and $10 for the state.  Great guy to deal with.  

Any numbnut that required that I use an FFL to ship a weapon to their FFL - I'd say "no f*ckin deal JACKASS" and encourage them to brush up on that big ol stack uh books written by John E. Law.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any numbnut that required that I use an FFL to ship a weapon to their FFL - I'd say "no f*ckin deal JACKASS" and encourage them to brush up on that big ol stack uh books written by John E. Law.

Lighten up Francis.  

It is just the cost of doing business.  If a guy wants a gun and you want to sell it to him, and his FFL only accepts guns from manufacturers or other FFLs...  well, I guess  the money is either important to you or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top