Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 3:35:02 AM EDT
Good luck to anyone going. Not sure if I will get there or not.
Supposed to be RK show which is usually light.

But by the looks of things, parking will be hell.

American Idol Auditions at the same place...wow, seems they get 10-20k people every time.

Gun show, with at least a couple thousand people.

A magic card tournament which will probably have 4-500 people.

And Wonderfest nearby, which is a sci fi convention,  ?? on numbers

this should be a rather INTERESTING bunch of people to watch and/or mingle with.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I need a damn two piece gas block for my heavy barrel.  Do you think I will be able to pick one up there or will it be mainly used shotguns and rifles for sale??  I haven't been to any of the shows at the fairgrounds for awhile because they just weren't that good(except for NRA of course).
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
double star and j&t are usually at the louisville show, have bought off each of them everytime I went
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
double star and j&t are usually at the louisville show, have bought off each of them everytime I went

I was hoping they were gonna be there but they weren't .

It was in a big hall but not filled up and plenty of aisle space. Seemed like a good crowd saturday and I bought a gun after selling something..cause I couldn't stand the thought of spending $20 in gas, 10 to get in and 6 to park and not bring something home new .

For those of you who like AR's and are always looking for lowers/parts. The only lowers I saw were DPMS lower (I guess it was) and full LPK installed (no stock) for $229.  Several of these at one table  The other place (from lexington who might sue me if I mention a name) had the Doublestar lower for like $140 . I just said WTF? They normally sell them for $125.  Neither of those are decent prices in my opinion.

I saw .223 for like 339/1000 or 500 rounds for $200.  There were some deals to be had if you looked REALLLLY hard which I try to. But again, probably at most half the tables were  guns.

I then headed over to the Wonderfest (horror/scifi con) and checked out the dealers area.  They did have some celebrities for those of you who like sci-fi. Dirk Benedict (Lt. Starbuck from the original Battlestar and FaceMan from the A-team).  A couple of guys from the 2001 A Space Odyssey, and NOVA (the girl) who played opposite Charlton Heston in the original Planet of the Apes and the sequel. Very hot in her day but today, not so much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top