Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 8:02:04 PM EDT
Wow, got to go on a manly shopping trip today.

A firm I do busines swith has moved into their Houston office from which I work.  The managing partner was in N.O. for the hurricane, for the looting that started before there was a problem with the drainage ditch that failed and before the flooding drive the hood rats out of the hood.

Now, the looting started right when the hurricane left N.O. Shaken, but not stirred.  

He got out Tuesday night over the protests of the cops who were telling him and his people that they were not allowed to leave the hotel.  He got out with a SIG .380.

Now that he is here, he looked at the situation at the Astrodome.  25,000 of New Orleans Finest Hood Rats.  The same murderers, thugs and rapists that were causing the problems in the StuperDome are now right here in the Bayou City.

Since he is worried about them, we went out on a shopping trip.
Academy: Shotguns, bugout backpacks
Pruitts:  Rifle and pistol and magazines and Federal XM198

Observations:
1.  Everyone in Houston is buying guns and ammo to celebrate the arrival of the Hood Rats.
2.  Glcoks, 12ga riot shotguns and AR-15s are flying out the door at an alarming rate.  We bought the last Winchester Defernders and Mossberg at Academy.  Pruettts had one Bushmaster left when we walked out and No XM198, no 9mm hollowpoints, no .380 hollowpoint.  

Guys, if you need a firearm, if you need ammo, get it now.  

The cop that we talked to in Pruetts said that the NO LEOs were deserting b/c they were sent out without gas & without ammo.  He said that he was spooked about hte hood rats in the dome and that they are alreadly causing a lot of trouble.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a new pocket pistol at Academy on Friday.  They were out of all the "riot"-length shotguns.  I looked at getting another shotgun, but decided on a pistol instead.  While I was at the counter, a lady bought three Maverick 88s and was asking about rifles.  I think this has been a big wake-up call for the sheep.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Good...maybe it will make it easier for me to sell my old post ban bushy with all the trimmings and H&K USC 45 carbine.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at Pruett's today too. They definitely were selling guns. Saw guns being purchased at Carter's Country too.

I drove next to the dome today for a look-see. People everywhere, walking in and out of the gate as they please. Probationers were keeping the trash in check, but that's the most trash I've seen scattered around there ever.

Signed up for my CHL today. Never felt the need before. Saw some people at the dome that pegged my personal alert meter.

That means I get to go shopping for a carry pistol!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Unbeleivable, but typical.    Wonder what the dfw Academy's look like.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:40:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good...maybe it will make it easier for me to sell my old post ban bushy with all the trimmings and H&K USC 45 carbine.  

USC will be easy to sell. Lots of UMP conversion parts are out there, and they are hot items. I just bought one last week.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm off today to the range at ASC to test drive my new Beretta 1201fp and my new (to me) Camp 9.  I think they will make perfect truck guns.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw a report on TXCN that stated gun sales in Baton Rouge, LA have gone up 5X.  
The local shops are doing a booming business.  I don't blame people a bit for arming theirselves against the criminal element out there, but I do hope that they get some kind of training with their new purchase.  There's going to be a lot of muzzle sweeping( or worse!) fools out there.

TC

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I saw a report on TXCN that stated gun sales in Baton Rouge, LA have gone up 5X.  
The local shops are doing a booming business.  I don't blame people a bit for arming theirselves against the criminal element out there, but I do hope that they get some kind of training with their new purchase.  There's going to be a lot of muzzle sweeping( or worse!) fools out there.

TC

That's the problem, people that buy out of fear have no expeience or business owning a firearm.  Once this blows over they'll store them in an unsafe manner until somebody finds it an uses it in a crime or a negligent discharge occurs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Unbeleivable, but typical.    Wonder what the dfw Academy's look like.

I was at an Academy yesterday in dallas and it was business as usual..no big rush on things
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I went to Alpine Gun range in FW. Talked a bit with them. They had a rush last week, mostly shotguns.

Went to the Arlington Academy today. Mossy 500 and Winny 1300 with full mag tubes were there. 3 bushy AR's in the racks too.

They still don't have any decent 5.56 though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Sean,

My friend that works for the D-Day museum didn't leave until noon wednesday.  He took several hours of footage each day.  They were actually looting BEFORE the hurricane hit, he has it on tape.  I will get a copy of it on DVD and bring it next time I can go on a Tuesday.  When roving gangs of thugs started eyeing his car and his girlfriend, they decided it was time to leave.  He had to fend off some car thieves with an AK while they were trying to leave.  

For you history buffs that have been to the D-Day museum, they didn't even lose a window to the hurricane.  All the important stuff in the collection is up on the 4th floor vault.  They were already looting an overflow storage area from the gift shop Monday morning, obviously to get food and water.  Since they gift store has neither.  One of the other staff members volunteered to stay, as he has enough water and MRE's to last a couple months.  He also has a revolver, so hopefully he wasn't attacked by more than 5 guys, as he has no speedloader.  Hopefully they didn't burn the place down.  HMy friend really took  some amazing footage, which is much better than a lot of the stuff I have seen on the nightly news.  It looks like they are going to make a documentary out of it, as he already works with several production houses doing stuff for the History Channel, etc, and knows the industry.  They are very interested in teh footage.  

Howard

Quoted:

A firm I do busines swith has moved into their Houston office from which I work.  The managing partner was in N.O. for the hurricane, for the looting that started before there was a problem with the drainage ditch that failed and before the flooding drive the hood rats out of the hood.

Now, the looting started right when the hurricane left N.O. Shaken, but not stirred.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

He got out Tuesday night over the protests of the cops who were telling him and his people that they were not allowed to leave the hotel.  He got out with a SIG .380.

Now that he is here, he looked at the situation at the Astrodome.  25,000 of New Orleans Finest Hood Rats.  The same murderers, thugs and rapists that were causing the problems in the StuperDome are now right here in the Bayou City.

Since he is worried about them, we went out on a shopping trip.
Academy: Shotguns, bugout backpacks
Pruitts:  Rifle and pistol and magazines and Federal XM198

Observations:
1.  Everyone in Houston is buying guns and ammo to celebrate the arrival of the Hood Rats.
2.  Glcoks, 12ga riot shotguns and AR-15s are flying out the door at an alarming rate.  We bought the last Winchester Defernders and Mossberg at Academy.  Pruettts had one Bushmaster left when we walked out and No XM198, no 9mm hollowpoints, no .380 hollowpoint.  

Guys, if you need a firearm, if you need ammo, get it now.  

The cop that we talked to in Pruetts said that the NO LEOs were deserting b/c they were sent out without gas & without ammo.  He said that he was spooked about hte hood rats in the dome and that they are alreadly causing a lot of trouble.

I heard about your buddy today at work.  It was actually kinda slow, I only sold two Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't want to sound like an insensitive bastrd.... ok I am an insensitive bastrd, but they need to be quarantined either at New Orleans and/or the AstroDome, dont' risk the security and health of MORE people. The damage has been done, someone dropped the ball by not calling for enough help and it's too late now. I feel sympathetic for the kids and the old folks, but the middle aged hood rats that were looting have no excuse what's so ever. Illegal aliens our crossing our mexican border and traveling on foot for 5 days at a time thru the hot desert and you don't see them looting. They come ove with 0 dollars and start life from scratch, find a job cutting my grass and don't complain to the government (in fear of deportation for the majority of the cases), (yes i know there's bad apples!, u don't have to tell me) it's the reality of criminal element close to home (more than norm) that made me go out and buy a refill of m193 Friday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
SC-Texas

Good post, my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
+ 1

At Houston's  AstroDome, they had a doctor on local tv (nbc news) who was asking all the black women if their kids had vaccinations, ect. The majority could not answer! Free vaccines, but alleged parents too lazy to get shots for their kids???????

Maybe they should offer a block of free cheese for each kid that gets vaccinated; then, the rats in the hood will sell the cheese for crack cocaine.

One guy had TB, so they evacuated him.

What in blazes are these "folks" gonna do when Gov. Perry tells them: "Get a job--get to work!"
Jesse Jackson and his crowd will be down there raising hell, I suppose.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
+ 1

At Houston's  AstroDome, they had a doctor on local tv (nbc news) who was asking all the black women if their kids had vaccinations, ect. The majority could not answer! Free vaccines, but alleged parents too lazy to get shots for their kids???????

Maybe they should offer a block of free cheese for each kid that gets vaccinated; then, the rats in the hood will sell the cheese for crack cocaine.

One guy had TB, so they evacuated him.

What in blazes are these "folks" gonna do when Gov. Perry tells them: "Get a job--get to work!"
Jesse Jackson and his crowd will be down there raising hell, I suppose.

You have managed to post negatively on nearly every thread in this forum; I have two suggestions for you: get closer to the problem , i.e. have substantial family members directly affected, or STFU!   YMMV.

Best regards, John
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#19]
We understand the problem. I've bought food and donated it to hopefully take care of the kids and elderly folks.
I think you'll have to also understand the different perspectives and varying priorities of other humans. What we're saying is it was unfortunate, I'm extremely sorry for all affected but you ain't taking my sht by force unless i'm willing to give it to you is what it boils down to. If they were looting to survive, what's to say it's different here if they don't have "enough". They need to sit tight and give it some time, i hear they got enough water and food.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]
It's Sunday so i called my local Warlmart to see the extend (i'm good on ammo), they say their is alot of people buying ammunition, all JHP's are gone in 9, 38+, 40 .
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Louisiana crime rates: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/lacrime.htm
Houston crime rates: http://houston.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
I'm just glad that we're shipping them other places, i wouldn't want the crime rates to double in Houston, TX.

To add to the list of tradegies that the people are experiencing (broken levy, hurricane, flood) the other is these people come from a state that has the 7th highest occurrence for Violent Crime among the states.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't want to sound like an insensitive bastrd.... ok I am an insensitive bastrd, but they need to be quarantined either at New Orleans and/or the AstroDome, dont' risk the security and health of MORE people. The damage has been done, someone dropped the ball by not calling for enough help and it's too late now. I feel sympathetic for the kids and the old folks, but the middle aged hood rats that were looting have no excuse what's so ever. Illegal aliens our crossing our mexican border and traveling on foot for 5 days at a time thru the hot desert and you don't see them looting. They come ove with 0 dollars and start life from scratch, find a job cutting my grass and don't complain to the government (in fear of deportation for the majority of the cases), (yes i know there's bad apples!, u don't have to tell me) it's the reality of criminal element close to home (more than norm) that made me go out and buy a refill of m193 Friday.

great post!

all of my close relatives are volunteering and i have two big families staying with me right now, some just dont care to take care of what needs to be and just want to leech off the goverment, there is no changing that.

also have distant relatives that have gone back to N.O. when they opened it up and have been slain/murdered by some of these people that everyone is trying to help. i do not stereotype anyone and would not want some to take the fall for those that make poor decisions but no one can help you better than you.

my parents came to this country without a dime(vietnamese decent, i am) and now they have made what they wanted life to be!

just venting a little.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Is it clear enough that NOW is the time to get yourself a gun, ammo & a CHL, if you haven't alredy done so. If your needing some help deciding, maybe this will help you:
http://www.ogrish.com/archives/driver_gets_assaulted_for_not_backing_up_Sep_01_2005.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I spent all last week in Garyville, LA setting up a distribution warehouse for tools and necessities for our employees at the refinery there.  I was about 7-8 miles from the real shit, but still felt like I was in Indian country.  Shootings and carjackings were all around us.

Got back to Houston late saturday.

Yesterday Mrs. KYReb and I went to check construction on our place...just SW and across 610 from the dome.   We had to stop by the WalMart and the mall near there.  I have never seen so many cops and security types.  At the mall they even had horse mounted deputies on patrol.

My meter has been pegged for two weeks.  All my toys except my Benchmade folder are still in Ohio.  I have been doing a lot of thinking about those $269.00  Remington 870 express slug guns I passed up at the GRB show last month.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#25]
man i gotta work at reliant, right outside the dome next weekend...guess ill be taking the kimber along w/ me....prolly the snubby 357 around the ankle as well...probly gonna load up the maverick w/ 00 and #4 buck and leave it in my car too...scratch that they will prolly break into my car
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#26]
It's not paranoia when it's happening right before our eyes.

I predict that you won't see the big crime spike for aseveral months - AFTER the federal money runs out and the "refugees" are forced to get out and work . . . - or steal.

Several LEO's that I know also agree with this prediction.

Prepare yourself and family.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If only there was a local FFL friendly to the ARFCOM Houston crew......hmmmmm??????????

I know that would be great!

j/k see ya tonight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]
These roaches already robbed one of my (unarmed) cousins at Houston, TX at gun point today, he says they had a different accent. From Louisiana ? i'll bet 100 bucks on it! Dam!!!, why didn't their government ensure they were safe and happy in their rat hole. They aren't going back, they didn't even want to go to a shelter at Galveston because they don't want to be near the water anymore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I got more details about the robbery. He got a flat tire and was approached by 5 black teens to mid aged black adults on foot. They first asked him if he need help, he quickly responded by saying no help needed, thanks but they kept approaching, then they asked for  5 dollars and the incident escalated from that point, it turned into a confrontation with them demanding money, as he walked backwards he was pinned between by some cars and then a handgun was produced by 3 of them. They padded him down, took his watch, wallet and car with the flat tire. He was very fortunate that his life was spared, something that many people 7 feet deep could not say. For all the good citizens of this great state without CHL's, make sure you keep your automobiles in extra good shape is all i can say and don't give money to individuals, make donations and drops at publicly advertised locations.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Shit... and I almost feel bad about getting a grip on my handgun when pan handlers and other unknowns aproch me or my vehicle.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I got more details about the robbery. He got a flat tire and was approached by 5 black teens to mid aged black adults on foot. They first asked him if he need help, he quickly responded by saying no help needed, thanks but they kept approaching, then they asked for  5 dollars and the incident escalated from that point, it turned into a confrontation with them demanding money, as he walked backwards he was pinned between by some cars and then a handgun was produced by 3 of them. They padded him down, took his watch, wallet and car with the flat tire. He was very fortunate that his life was spared, something that many people 7 feet deep could not say. For all the good citizens of this great state without CHL's, make sure you keep your automobiles in extra good shape is all i can say and don't give money to individuals, make donations and drops at publicly advertised locations.

What street did this happen on?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#33]
25K of them here in san antonio and the funs already beginning.  

have a buddy in the state guard that is at the astrodome right now, he says they have confiscated pounds of drugs and all kinds of weapons.

im just glad i had the weapons to begin with and beat the holiday rush.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Near Main St. / 610.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#35]
They have a shelter here in McKinney using an old Wal-Mart. Nearby are Target, Albertsons, and the new Wal-Mart. Have been by twice this week; both times police were there arresting folks for shoplifting.

I do not even shop within a few miles of that shelter, for fear of car break-in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Shit... and I almost feel bad about getting a grip on my handgun when pan handlers and other unknowns aproch me or my vehicle.  

I suggest you get over your "almost."   That's a standard MO for many robberies: one scumbag approaches for a chat while the other comes in from behind.

Condition Yellow - always.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#37]
News was showing these Guards that caught red handed some of these rats stealing jewelry and other valuables from inside a home in N.O. and they were forced to let them go because their's no jail. That's ridiculous!

I just hope that the TX justice system doesn't let these rats of the hook after they've robbed, mugged, raped, and murdered some innocent family or individual because they were Katrina "victims" and they didn't know any better, because of their environment, or some fkng other reason like insanity. WTF is insanity? You're crazy enough to murder someone ok, your insane, step into this chamber, now let's put you out of your misery and prevent other people from being hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top