Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2021 9:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc]
Is they one location I can go to get the rules and regulations on Louisiana's open carry law?

I have looked at different sopts but nothing that clearly states what you can and cant do

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay out of bars and any place posted "no guns."

Leave if asked. Don't argue with the cops, they know it's legal in public, but private property owners can ban it. If you refuse to leave, you can be charged with trespassing.

You'll likely scare people in New Orleans, but most of the rest of the state won't care as long as you leave it holstered (and I assume you mean to carry a handgun).

Concealed handgun permits aren't that hard to get once you've established residency.

For actual laws, try the Louisiana Legislative website. It has a great search function.
https://legis.la.gov
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By XD-GEM:
Stay out of bars and any place posted "no guns."

Leave if asked. Don't argue with the cops, they know it's legal in public, but private property owners can ban it. If you refuse to leave, you can be charged with trespassing.

You'll likely scare people in New Orleans, but most of the rest of the state won't care as long as you leave it holstered (and I assume you mean to carry a handgun).

Concealed handgun permits aren't that hard to get once you've established residency.

For actual laws, try the Louisiana Legislative website. It has a great search function.
https://legis.la.gov
View Quote

This nails it. You can also store your weapon anywhere in your car but we are a shall declare state if you’re pulled over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top