Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 10:00:51 AM EDT
As of this morning, I was informed i am getting laid off of my job.  Great i say, i just about saved money for my AR-15, and now i have to save it for car payments.  Only had this job a few months from the last lay-off.  

If anyone knows of a decent job that is hiring, and would allow me to still continue night classes, please let me know.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry to hear that, man. what field are you in?

As for the AR, there's always trades...i've practiced this quite a bit over the last year ;)
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i do a bit of everything almost.  My field of choice is computers, but i need a job bad enough, ill try anything i can.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No, see you have to get your priorities in order.

God first, AR is 2nd, most other things on down the line from there.

Seriously, God bless you. Keep you chin up, attitude is alot in a job search.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
well i just sent out about 15 resumes, which had to be either emailed, or faxed.  Hopefully i will get a bite on 1 of them.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck, you will find something to do here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I just dodged a layoff at my company.  The IT industry is a terrible industry to be in if there are any concerns about job security.  I constantly laugh at the ads on TV/radio about all the jobs in the IT fields and how IT workers are in demand.  My ass.

Might be an improvement though if we started kicking out all the H1B visa holders.  They're pretty much like scabs crossing a picket line.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, that is too bad. I feel for you. I don't know what I would do if I was laid off. I hope I never find out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
i went down to disount firearms, off of boulder high way.  They had a colt, post-ban m4 with an a3 upper for 999.95.  seemed like a good deal till i got it in my hands and started looking at it.  

On the upper, right about eh ejection port, there was a big patch of discoloration.  Didnt look good at all.  If not for that, that would be a ar i would defenetly consider.  oh well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Spurlock's has (or had if he sold it) a rather nice Colt AR.  Can't recall how much he wanted for it, but it looked like a pretty nice target shootin' model with the flat top and long barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top