User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 1:49:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Any word on reprocity yet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2006/418.pdf

Looks like a permit from any other state will be honored on/after July 1, 2006 (except KS residents who have valid out of state permits, these will not be honored.  KS residents must have a KS permit).  The KS permits will not be issued until Jan 1, 2007.  The AG may make a list of specific states which permits, meet/exceed KS requirements.  

So Missourians will be good to go in july, while the ks residents wont be able to apply until jan/07????

scottMO    
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It's about damn time. Those of us on this side of MO., have been sweating it out. I hate being a criminal when I cross the state line two and three times a day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I  live in kansas city and one of the main reasons I didnt get a CCW licence was that I go to KS all the time. It just wasnt practical for me to carry. I didnt want to leave it in my car 1/2 the time.

Now I need to convince the wife to at least let me get the licence in MO. Then maybe later I can actually carry something around ;o)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice to see a thumb in the eye of Kathleen Sibelius.  I've never heard anyone get booed as loudly as her.

A couple of years ago they gave away one of the new-style Ford Thunderbirds at Kansas Speedway in a random drawing before the big Sunday NASCAR race in October.  It was a 007 Special Edition they did as a tie-in for Die Another Day, and Sibelius was chosen to draw out the winning ticket.  She makes this little speech before the drawing, thanking the sponsors for donating this "lovely Ford Mustang" for the drawing, with the car right in front of her.  Immediately 80,000 gearhead NASCAR fans erupt into the worst booing I've ever experienced.  Someone close to her was catcalling and the microphone picked it up, so as she's trying to recover from the onslaught I heard announced over the PA "you fucking bitch suck my fucking cock, get off the fucking stage already you fucking whore..." and they had to turn off the PA.  So she wound up drawing the card in silence, and the emcee announced who the winner was after she had already been ushered off the stage.

It was classic.

Funny... I never heard much about it in the press.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top