Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:40:06 AM EDT
Looking to build a storage shed/Workshop/dog refuge on my property.

The dimensions I'm thinking of ar 14x20x9 (sloping to 8' tall to direct water).

I know I"ll need to get a building permit because it's over 200sq ft, I decided to go that big since I'd need one (permit) reguardless -- since I'm going to run a swamp-cooler out there, I'd need permits for electricty and water.

Anyone have an idea how much a slab of concrete would run that's 14x20? I'm GUESSING it would need to be 4 inches thick.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:47:29 AM EDT
For a 14x20x4" slab you need 3.46 yards of concrete. I haven't priced concrete in several years, but I would guess it is running somewhere near $90 - $100 delivered. Depending on the supplier, you may have to order at least 5 yards to get them to deliver it without a delivery charge.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:49:03 PM EDT
Are you looking for someone to build it, or just the advice? I can do either. But if I build it, you get to buy the beer (and I drink a lot!)

Seriously, if you need a contractor, let me know. Get some quotes and I'll cut em in half, and you can buy beer. I can build just about anything, and I am up to speed on all local codes - especially electrical, as I have been an industrial electrician for 14 years and now own a property management company. Always more than happy to help a fellow arfcommer!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:56:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:
Are you looking for someone to build it, or just the advice? I can do either. But if I build it, you get to buy the beer (and I drink a lot!)

Seriously, if you need a contractor, let me know. Get some quotes and I'll cut em in half, and you can buy beer. I can build just about anything, and I am up to speed on all local codes - especially electrical, as I have been an industrial electrician for 14 years and now own a property management company. Always more than happy to help a fellow arfcommer!

I had planned on building it, but I definately would be up for someone that knows what they are doing out here -- my roomate (as far as I know) would be helping also.

If you don't mind, PM me your # and a good time to chat about this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:12:19 PM EDT
Email sent bro
Top Top