Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 9:01:53 PM EDT
Like, what is there to do in AZ, what schools are good, so on and so forth.

Basically, I like the desert (because I am sick and tired of rain), and I have been to Phoenix several times, and driven up to Las Vegas. The laws seem friendly, and I have relatives in state, with more in Nevada.

Anyway, any observations you guys have would help. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
All 3 of the big state schools are great schools.

They are each located in relatively (for AZ standards) Leftist enclaves.

Tempe, for instance, has an openly Sodomite mayor who has used city funds to pay for Gay Pride activities.

Tucson, probably the most Lefty place in AZ, full of old hippies, is a neat town drowning economically under the weight of so many Tonks.

Flagstaff, well, it gets cold. Real cold. But relief is only an hour and a half down the interstate.

Personally, I could happily live in all three places. I love AZ and will never leave here again.

The variation in topography, geography and climate types so close together makes it just irresistable to me. Sadly, it makes the place irresistable to many Kalifornicators looking to escape the morass their Leftist "better ideas" have grown to become.

Many towns in AZ have been ruined by these people. Prescott, Payson, Flastaff (if you plan on living there full time), and many others suffer inflated property values and the sheer annoyance of dealing with all the Kali license plates.

In the Valley you have heat, and brother, I mean HEAT. So you better get used to that if you are thinking about ASU.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
ASU is known for business and partying, NAU for it's ski resort, and U of A for it's medicine and beiing the best school in the state.  At least that's how I look at it.

I'm in Tucson right now attending U of A, and it's a very nice campus.  Tucson is somewhat liberal, but it has good gun stores, and a great range.  Membership is only $35 for a year there.  Check out the tack on the ranges in this forum.  Cost of living is the cheapest amongst the three also.  

Plenty of desert down here too, along with a short drive to Mexico if you ever feel the need to visit.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
What are the drive times to Vegas, and the ski resort from Tucson? That one sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmmm, just lokking at a map I'd guess Tucson is about 8 hours from Vegas, and maybe 4 hours from Sno Bowl (the resort by NAU).

However, there is a better resort about the same distance from Tucson called Sunrise Ski Resort, that is more eastward.  

Hopefully someone else can post a map for you.  I'm no good at doin that stuff.

If not, try www.mapquest.com
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you looking for in a school? What major?

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What are you looking for in a school? What major?

Liberal arts. Poli sci/international relations, stuff like that. i actually havent decided on a major yet. Any big state school will have something for me in its program.

The problem is I want to study it all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]

My son is a senior in high school right now, in Phoenix. He has been checking out all three college's. He's leaning toward ASU. When he gets home from his Civil Air Patrol meeting tonight. I'll have him add his two cents or IM-Mail you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My son is a senior in high school right now, in Phoenix. He has been checking out all three college's. He's leaning toward ASU. When he gets home from his Civil Air Patrol meeting tonight. I'll have him add his two cents or IM-Mail you.

Thanks man. Hey, I was in CAP for a little while too. Three months. I never was promoted though, because they never administered tests to basics, only to sargeants. I would have liked to have stayed in, but the squadron crumbled apart--everybody from the top down quit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Not to brag but my son received his Capt. medals tonight. He's Cadet Comander at Wing #302 Deer Valley, Az squarden. He has around eighty cadets under him. This squadren rocks. Regular testing for all. They even have male and females getting their pilot liscense at age sixteen.

He made it home late and was dead tired. I'll get him to respond tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#11]
ASU is easier to get into than hell, according to H. Simpson.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top