Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 1:38:33 PM EST
My sister and her family are looking to come to Florida in the Feb,March or April time frame.
Their criteria:
- hot
- by the beach
- activities for young adults 18-25 as well as adults 53-46.
- able to book rooms close together since there will be 4-6 people.

Thought about the theme parks but their priority seems to be the beach and central florida may not be hot enough that time of year.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:00:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/10/2013 2:01:15 PM EST by Keith1980]
You are almost guaranteed hot in Key West. I live in Miami but I wouldn't recommend it. We get some cold fronts here but the majority fizzle out around Lake Okeechobee give or take. I love Key West. I feel that considering your criteria the younger ones might not be as entertained in a more northern key. Unless everyone loves to fish. Key West pretty much has it all. Great food, great bars, watersports, fishing charters…etc.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:02:34 PM EST
Panama City comes to mind. Miami Beach if they like nightlife. Cocoa Beach.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:22:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/10/2013 2:40:27 PM EST by ManBearPack]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gatorade96:
Panama City comes to mind. Miami Beach if they like nightlife. Cocoa Beach.
View Quote

Panama City is no place for a family during March or April, plus the water in the panhandle is still pretty cold during those months. You're gonna want to avoid places that attract the spring break college crowds.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:32:19 PM EST
You're gonna have to go Tampa or lower for that time of year. I would suggest Miami or the keys.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:34:51 AM EST
South FL - east or west. Still a good chance it wont be "hot" by our standards but definitely a hell of a lot warmer than elsewhere. Probably hitting mid to upper 70s by then, maybe 80s especially if late March and April. Keys are good too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:01:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By UFGatorAR:
South FL - east or west. Still a good chance it wont be "hot" by our standards but definitely a hell of a lot warmer than elsewhere. Probably hitting mid to upper 70s by then, maybe 80s especially if late March and April. Keys are good too.
View Quote

Agree. Definitely stay south of I-4. The only problem with the Keys that time of year is they are 2-3 times the summer rates and very crowded. I'd look at Sarasota, Ft Myers or Naples on the west side. Daytona (if not during Spring Break or Bike Week), Cocoa/Merrit Island, or Lauderdale on the east side.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:13:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dogue:

Agree. Definitely stay south of I-4. The only problem with the Keys that time of year is they are 2-3 times the summer rates and very crowded. I'd look at Sarasota, Ft Myers or Naples on the west side. Daytona (if not during Spring Break or Bike Week), Cocoa/Merrit Island, or Lauderdale on the east side.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

In Feb/March Sarasota can still get chilly. By April it will generally be plenty warm. It really just depends. If this super warm winter continues, it will be summer by then. Naples/Ft Myers might also be a good option as they're a bit further south.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:14:12 AM EST
Melbourne, FL
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:59:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By MrHiggs:

In Feb/March Sarasota can still get chilly. By April it will generally be plenty warm. It really just depends. If this super warm winter continues, it will be summer by then. Naples/Ft Myers might also be a good option as they're a bit further south.
View All Quotes

Typically "chilly" at night, but avg in Feb is 74* and Mar is 77*...I'd say for a northerner on Vacation that's gonna feel HOT.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:26:57 AM EST

Typically "chilly" at night, but avg in Feb is 74* and Mar is 77*...I'd say for a northerner on Vacation that's gonna feel HOT.
View All Quotes

I'd be pretty cold. Maybe I've been here too long
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:46:18 AM EST
Hmm they may want to consider the western side of Florida, Marco Island is very nice. Plenty of activities, lots of resorts where they can find accommodations, they also have boat rentals since there is a lot of good fishing. Miami Beach is OK at best I live about 20 minutes away and barely go due to the traffic/people/price/attitude. Western Florida is where Floridians go to vacations from the hassle of the East.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:26:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:
Melbourne, FL
View Quote
or Cocoa Beach..

But my first choice would be St George Island which is always ranked in the top 10 beaches in the U.S..
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:33:18 PM EST
Go to Key West, Stay at the Pier House. Pricey but is a very nice place and right
in the heart of the good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:41:48 PM EST
Another vote for Key West- a regular stomping ground of mine. Especially that time of year it will be greatm although be advised there isn't much of a beach scene there- more pool lounging and bar hopping than anything else.

Be sure to recommend Blue Heaven for at least breakfast, but they also have a great dinner menu. Very cool "backyard" type setting, live music, drinks, etc.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:54:55 PM EST
The Beach at Fort Zac is not bad and the Fort is right there to tour.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:05:45 PM EST
Greatly appreciate all the feedback.
I have since compiled the information and sent out an e-mail with the feedback.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:30:23 PM EST
St. Augustine
Top Top