Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:59:14 PM EDT
Here are a couple of caving pics from my teams two previous runs!

I am looking for some caves to run in the central Texas area that are wild. I.E. go in at your own risk. I need the Texas crew to reveal some good places to spelunk. I am a respectful caver and I leave no trash. Any small trash I come across is picked up by yours truly... my group is also a good set of responsible cavers. If you can reveal to us any cave other than aitmans cave, we will be in your debt!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:56:57 PM EDT
I would talk to these guys:

http://www.utgrotto.org/whereto.htm
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:44:42 PM EDT
Curious about this myself.........
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:00:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:23:01 AM EDT
Wake up the Gimp...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:54:34 PM EDT
Wow, not for the claustrophobic. Looking at some of those tight caverns, I think id go nuts!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:22:39 PM EDT
Brazos Bend State Park has some. There are alot of them in a restricted area there.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:04:13 PM EDT
PONCA ARKANSAS WILD CAVES>>>
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:38:40 AM EDT
There is one near Lake Travis. I am not sure of the exact location though... it was a few years ago and I was a passenger so I wasn't paying attention. Some one from Austin may know what I am talking about. It has an entrance on the top of a cliff, a large chamber and several smaller room like chambers with a narrow passage to the water line. Never seen so many daddy long leg spiders in my entire life. We made a campfire in the large chamber and drank a mess of beer in there that night so there may be some trash left. I think this is a popular party place for UT students.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:13:35 AM EDT
I know of three I've watched the fire dept pull folks out of.

Tugboat, yours is probably the caves out at Reimer's ranch. It's a county park now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:56:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:
Let's see...

Go in to a hole in the ground or a hill with a light and batteries.

If the batteries fail you're screwed.

Nope, not this white boy.....

Actually it's worst than that ... crawl in a hole with batteries and flashlights ... get stuck in a tiny opening half a mile in, then your batteries go out ... and then a rabid badger starts knawing at your face ...

Now you're talking. Sign me up.

Actually it's a good justification for that 9mm suppressor....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:35:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:56:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheNorm:

Let's see...

Go in to a hole in the ground or a hill with a light and batteries.

If the batteries fail you're screwed.

Nope, not this white boy.....

Actually it's worst than that ... crawl in a hole with batteries and flashlights ... get stuck in a tiny opening half a mile in, then your batteries go out ... and then a rabid badger starts knawing at your face ...

Now you're talking. Sign me up.

Actually it's a good justification for that 9mm suppressor....

If the badger started on me in that situation, I think I'd offer up a carotid or brachial artery...get it over quicker.....

No way man...I'd perforate that badger an cook him over Sterno in the depths of the earth like a damn savage.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:41:47 PM EDT
I'm a touch claustraphobic so FTLIANT!!!!
Top Top