Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:59:14 PM EDT
Here are a couple of caving pics from my teams two previous runs!

I am looking for some caves to run in the central Texas area that are wild. I.E. go in at your own risk. I need the Texas crew to reveal some good places to spelunk. I am a respectful caver and I leave no trash. Any small trash I come across is picked up by yours truly... my group is also a good set of responsible cavers. If you can reveal to us any cave other than aitmans cave, we will be in your debt!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would talk to these guys:

http://www.utgrotto.org/whereto.htm
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Curious about this myself.........
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Wake up the Gimp...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, not for the claustrophobic. Looking at some of those tight caverns, I think id go nuts!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Brazos Bend State Park has some.  There are alot of them in a restricted area there.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
PONCA ARKANSAS WILD CAVES>>>
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
There is one near Lake Travis. I am not sure of the exact location though... it was a few years ago and I was a passenger so I wasn't paying attention. Some one from Austin may know what I am talking about. It has an entrance on the top of a cliff, a large chamber and several smaller room like chambers with a narrow passage to the water line. Never seen so many daddy long leg spiders in my entire life.  We made a campfire in the large chamber and drank a mess of beer in there that night so there may be some trash left. I think this is a popular party place for UT students.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I know of three I've watched the fire dept pull folks out of.

Tugboat,  yours is probably the caves out at Reimer's ranch.  It's a county park now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let's see...

Go in to a hole in the ground or a hill with a light and batteries.

If the batteries fail you're screwed.

Nope, not this white boy.....

Actually it's  worst than that ... crawl in a hole with batteries and flashlights ... get stuck in a tiny opening half a mile in, then your batteries go out ... and then a rabid badger starts knawing at your face ...

Now you're talking. Sign me up.

Actually it's a good justification for that 9mm suppressor....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's see...

Go in to a hole in the ground or a hill with a light and batteries.

If the batteries fail you're screwed.

Nope, not this white boy.....

Actually it's  worst than that ... crawl in a hole with batteries and flashlights ... get stuck in a tiny opening half a mile in, then your batteries go out ... and then a rabid badger starts knawing at your face ...

Now you're talking. Sign me up.

Actually it's a good justification for that 9mm suppressor....

If the badger started on me in that situation, I think I'd offer up a carotid or brachial artery...get it over quicker.....

No way man...I'd perforate that badger an cook him over Sterno in the depths of the earth like a damn savage.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a touch claustraphobic so FTLIANT!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top